Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: SHARKS!!

OMG!

That shark looks scarry!

So the shark only lives in the depalm island?

Just wondering cuase I am SOOOO scared of sharks, and probably won't enjoy swimming in the beaches at aruba if I have the thought of a shark being in the water with me.

Is it ok to rest assured that this is just an out of the blue occurence?

Aruba since 1979
    Awesome
    Reggie, thanks for your photo.
    Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaSalsa View Post
    Ok guys here is the shark picture. This was taken like 2 weeks ago at the palm island. The shark is around 3 foot long. The funny thing that happend was that just last Friday we were on the Jolly Pirates and at the antilla shipwreck we saw a shark again. This shark was all the way down so I estimate it around 5 feet long. When I came back on the boat the crew told me that they've seen that same shark before too. He also told me that when they get bigger they leave.

Check out the shark picture that's attached.

Hey PR83,

When I went to take the picture I had to realllllllyyyy be quick. The shark swam quickly away of me because it is afraid of people. This shark has been seen at the palm island. There's no record of a shark attack at Aruba.

But don't worry the sharks in Aruba only like American meat! hahahaha

He also told me that when they get bigger they leave.

Check out the shark picture that's attached.
    ArubaSalsa,
    So, hopefully by the time I get there in November he will have gotten big enough and left for a more inviting home....like maybe St. Lucia, or anywhere except Aruba....

Hey PR83,

When I went to take the picture I had to realllllllyyyy be quick. The shark swam quickly away of me because it is afraid of people. This shark has been seen at the palm island. There's no record of a shark attack at Aruba.

But don't worry the sharks in Aruba only like American meat! hahahaha

LOL...

Thanks for the reassurance. I feel ALOT better about the whole shark thing! Even though I know at some point in time while i'm swimming it will pop into my head.

But it's good to know they only like a certain type of meat... lol

"Nearly excaped"????? Does that mean you got bitten?

No sharks where you dive or snorkel. Perhaps some on the 'windy'
    side but not a great place to swim.

I have to admit...after seeing both the original "Jaws" and the sequel, I am deadly afraid of sharks. On the brighter side, I always feel perfectly safe on the beach ...Palm Beach...where the high-rises are located. as well as "Baby Beach,and will continue to feel that way.

The water is, as a rule, very calm; warm, and one can go out quite a ways in shallow water. So, I agree, no fear unless one ventures to the windy side; which I doubt few, if any, would try to swim there.

Have a wonderful; stress-free time in "Paradise," aka "One Friendly Island." We always do.

Ed

Sharks of many species are abundant in the waters of the Carribean, including Aruba. Fortunately for swimmers the waters near shore are very shallow and this discourages sharks from coming too close (mostly), as they prefer the safety of deeper water where food is abundant. Having said that, if you go swimming at night your chances of a shark attack go up somewhat.

Many threads get "closed" for a variety of reasons (some I agree with and some I don't) but this thread started in 2006 and then got some activity in 2008 and then again in 2010.

Not really sure why this is still open as this isn't something that needs to keep resurfacing when people are looking to get information about Aruba. Some of the information on this thread are questionable so perhaps it is time??

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast