Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shore Fishing near Marriott Surf Club

Shore Fishing near Marriott Surf Club

Does anyone offer shore fishing "services" near the Surf Club (ie. basically provide all the gear and guidance, similar to a fishing charter, except from the shore). I am NOT a fisherman AT ALL, but would like to try it without spending money on a charter. I'm not even sure you can fish off the shore to be honest...

If anyone has any websites or contact information so I can explore this further, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    one of our forum members , tight lines , is a shore fisherman when he visits aruba. you may want to private message him to see what he suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by nyg9423 View Post
    Does anyone offer shore fishing "services" near the Surf Club (ie. basically provide all the gear and guidance, similar to a fishing charter, except from the shore). I am NOT a fisherman AT ALL, but would like to try it without spending money on a charter. I'm not even sure you can fish off the shore to be honest...

If anyone has any websites or contact information so I can explore this further, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.flyfishingaruba.com/
    also too, check out this link

good luck

Thanks Andrea.

When are you going to be on island? I'm making my first trip 9-16 June and plan on bringing some of my own gear to fish off the beaches while there.

Chip

Ill there thursday and im bringing two sets of rods penns with me maybe ill you down there.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum jvislax
    Quote Originally Posted by jvislax32 View Post
    Ill there thursday and im bringing two sets of rods penns with me maybe ill you down there.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum jvislax
    Thanks i have not fished there before bit im assumimg tropicsl fish in the surf small ones maybe catch a lady fish throw a couple trebble hooks and swim it out or ballon it out and order a pina calada and wait. Any tips or advice? Shrimp? Worms? Squid for main bait?

Aruba since 1979
    i hope that someone replies to your questions.

my suggestion is order the pina colada and sit on the beach. did you read any of the other shore fishing threads?

i think chunks of crab are good bait.

Quote Originally Posted by jvislax32 View Post
    Thanks i have not fished there before bit im assumimg tropicsl fish in the surf small ones maybe catch a lady fish throw a couple trebble hooks and swim it out or ballon it out and order a pina calada and wait. Any tips or advice? Shrimp? Worms? Squid for main bait?

Aruba since 1979
    Aruba Fishing Reports
    have you read this thread?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast