Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: shore fishing savanetta?

javifishingtackle .com

probably can't rent but i'm checking this place out friday aand will get back to you as well as any off shore spots i find in the next week or so.

If you are looking for an inshore boat all inclusive ( Also a beef fillet for lunch) try the Don Lucas. I think it's $65 per person. Local Tel #565 1141 I'll be going a few times between 2/10 and 2/28.

i will keep that in mind.Maybe the tackle guy can be of some help.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Thanks, we'll be down there from 2/10 - 2/27. I'll keep checking here for any additional info. We might contact that guy about the fishing trip. I think my husband is going to take some tackle in his suitcase (whatever he can fit, along with his snorkeling gear). He thinks he'll probably just rig something up when he gets there. We saw some guys just throwing lines out on a spinner last year.

Now my husband is looking for a fishing rod that will fit in his suitcase, along with all his snorkel gear. Looks like we are going to be paying for bringing extra luggage on the plane this year.

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    One thing: Most people go with way too big rods and reels. If you go a good quality one you can go with pretty light gear from the shore and it is easier to get 3 or 4 piece rods that will easily fit in a suitcase and if you go with braided lines of a good quality you can go with a smaller reel as well. Besides being more convenient it is also a lot more fun with a lighter tackle. If you are casting a wobbler you just have to make sure that the weight of it fits the rod and if you go with live bait (Ballyhoo or squid frozen from the supermarket), the wind will get it out for you on a float or a balloon.
    If you don't want the hassle of bringing it, places like Certified supermarket has cheap sets that you can use and the give to one of the local kids on the beach on your last day.
    If you go with a guided tour with someone like www.flyfishingaruba.com all gear is provided for you.

Carsten
    Last edited by Schnauzerjoy; 01-29-2011 at 05:42 PM.

So Certified carries cheap fishing rods? That sounds a lot easier than trying to bring one from here.

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    Yes they have an OK collection including end gear, nets etc etc.
    Everything you need.
    Not top of the line stuff, but neither are the prices.
    And you can buy the frozen ballyhoos and squids there too.

Carsten

Thanks, we will definitely check that out!

I just bought a 3 piece 7' tsunami rod for under a hundred dollars.It is about 33"in its case. It will fit in the suitcase but I'm going to try to bring it as carry on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast