Aruba Beach

Thread: Snorkeling

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter

Snorkeling

We would like to go snorkeling on our next visit to Aruba but we don't want to go on an excursion. Is there someplace we can rent equipment or are we better off bringing our own?

Aruba Watersports on Palm Beach or JADS Dive shop near Baby Beach.

For some shore snorkeling info see
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/snorkeling%20boca%20catalina.html

I don't like using someone elses mouth piece, imo bring your own, if you do baby beach you will not need your fins, it has a breakwater, is calm and maybe up to 8 feet deep, snorkel where the water changes color, bring a couple of fruit baggys with holes break up bagels or buy a tube of fish food at the resort, plenty of fish. (stay inside the breakwater strong current you are on an island)

We rented snorkel gear at our hotel when we went to Baby Beach last summer. Since we are getting married in Aruba in July, I gave a snorkel sets to each of my nieces and nephews for Christmas and also bought ourselves a set. I agree with Sunny Beaches....I did not like using the gear I rented as you never know if it is really sanitized properly. I purchased on line at Sports Authority.....all the sets were pretty inexpensive and to be honest, I think it cost me more to rent the set for the day. Now, I will have them for a lifetime. Baby Beach was a great place to snorkel! Have lots of fun!
    Next Aruba trip in

Whats really cool too, go to leisure pro digital snorkel mask, they have one with a freakin camera, so cool great shots! About a $100.00, but we got ours for $59.00 on sale, timing!

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Thanks so much everyone! Great tips and I agree - nothing is going in my mouth that was in someone elses! I definitely want to check out that digital snorkel mask - that would be awesome and cheaper than buying the waterproof case for my camera.
    Thanks again!

sunnysmiles, yes the mask are great, just make sure you read all directions unlike me, the first time I used it I had it on video, and could not print any stills.