Thread: Snorkeling Adventure Spotlight ~~ ArubaBob ~~

Aruba since 1979

Snorkeling Adventure Spotlight ~~ ArubaBob ~~

http://www.arubabobsnorkeling.com

Aruba Bob Snorkeling!
    Who has snorkeled with Kent or Stuart?
    Pretty cool isn't it?

Our experiences were terrific.
    We were led by Stuart and saw lots of nature's beauty just a few feet from our masks.

Prices are very reasonable. $80 pp and $100 for private pp

We were a group of 4 and we went slow and steady and Stuart, our guide was cautious and helpful.

We'd go again!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Family been 3x
    Not me though, I'm chicken with a mask on my face
    Also need to mention that they take tons of pictures of you under water and give you the link, thus a great group of pictures from your adventure.
    Kent and Stuart run a class act and we highly recommend them!!!
    It's an incredible 1/2 day with them.
    Transportation can also be arranged with them to their site.

jaw
    I have taken the snorkeling trip 2 times. Once with Stuart and a group, and once with Bob with just me because the others did not show up. They do a first class trip and make sure you have a safe trip. The trip is different because of the water scooters and the area they cover.

Aruba since 1979
    yes the area at mangel halto is very unique and not many other snorkelers out there.
    sometimes there is a current and that is why those little scooter things come in very handy.
    they are always preaching safety first.

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Is this any different than snorkeling at lets say Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach, Malmok or by the rocks on the south side of Baby Beach? Although we've never been to Mango Halto before and when we were looking for it last time just to check it out on the way to the Natural Pool we missed it and just kept on going. We have a gopro our own snorkel gear and transportation, at this point I think the $160 would be a better spend for a wave runner. Am I missing something by not going to and snorkel at Mango Halto and just going to our familiar spots?

Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    Is this any different than snorkeling at lets say Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach, Malmok or by the rocks on the south side of Baby Beach? Although we've never been to Mango Halto before and when we were looking for it last time just to check it out on the way to the Natural Pool we missed it and just kept on going. We have a gopro our own snorkel gear and transportation, at this point I think the $160 would be a better spend for a wave runner. Am I missing something by not going to and snorkel at Mango Halto and just going to our familiar spots?
    In my opinion, this trip is much better than the wave runner. We have done both. With the wave runners, they have a specific area where you basically just rode back and forth in front of hotels and there really weren't any waves.
    Check out their website for pictures of some of the fish and coral you will see. We were blown away.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Is this any different than snorkeling at lets say Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach, Malmok or by the rocks on the south side of Baby Beach?
    Of those four (Boca Catalina, Arashi, Malmok, Baby Beach), southeast Baby Beach I think is the best solo (non tour guided) swim. I said "swim" because it's like a giant version of one of those turbine powered endless pools. People drown there often.

Mangel Halto on the other hand is an entirely different experience. It has so much of everything in large concentrations. Every place you travel through has completely different seadscapes, life, even the water changes. It's not something one can successfully accomplish on their own though, as there's numerous wrong turns which take you to nothing interesting, you can become lost in a jagged coral bed labyrinth you can't get out of (don't ask - lol), one wrong turn might even take you drifting off to Columbia.

Another good point of guided tour is it's a no-brainer. It's well guided and narrated, you don't have to worry about equipment issues, you just sit back and enjoy.

I will be going on my second trip with the arubabob tour this summer.

Aruba since 1979
    imo wave runner/jet ski and mangel halto is apples vs oranges .

the whole customer service and customer experience with arubabob snorkeling is far superior than a 1 hour jet ski ride.
    again, my opinion.
    but the mangel halto area is magnificent.
    kent and stuart have a great program.

I would ditch the wave runner idea, grab your GoPro, and take the tour with ArubaBob. Kent and Stuart's attention to detail and safety is above all their number one priority. Number two is ensuring you have a great time and they provide you with pictures of your adventure afterward. Not doubting your snorkeling experience and expertise, but I also wouldn't recommend snorkeling Mango Halto alone.

Just watch the video and this looks like a blast. My DS is a weak swimmer.. thinking he may be able to do this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast