Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snorkeling Excursions

Snorkeling Excursions

Hi everyone,

Our family is heading to Aruba for the first time on 4/14. My son and I love to snorkel. Can anyone recommend a company/tour that we should use. I saw info about De Palm tours.

Also since we are nebbies and I want to see the whole island (especially Baby Beach)...is it best to do a tour for that as well or should we rent a car? Any other recommendations would be much appreciated! We have a sixteen year old and an eleven year old. 10 more days to go.....

Smile

I snorkle everyday at Aruba. The best is Mangel Halto area but you need to know what you are doing because of the current. Wendy does some tours there that some friends told me she was great. I will try and fid her web sight for you. The name is Aqua Windies. She will take you to the very best spots. www.aquawindies.com Kent Here are 2 phone numbers also. 297 583-5669 297 562-9740
    Last edited by kent; 04-04-2008 at 05:21 PM.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

my family enjoys depalm island for snorkling, you can go for the full day or 1/2 day, price includes food and drinks and theres also a small waterpark thats lots of FUN. even for adults, you can do 1/2 day tour and baby beach with depalm tours, you can't go wrong great fish to see and feed on depalm island, counting the days till we get back in oct. enjoy your trip. ( bring lots of sunscreen )

If you decide to rent a car, you have many options. Check out Shore Diving Aruba for a bunch of information on different areas.

While we were there a couple weeks ago we snorkeled at Baby Beach and Boca Catalina. Both are easy shore entries with manageable current. (stay inside the cove at Baby Beach unless you really know what you are doing) This was my 10-yr-old son's first time snorkeling so we weren't too adventurous.

I have pictures from each location in my Aruba 2008 gallery.

Haven't done any tours so I'm afraid I can't help you there, but would be happy to answer any other specific questions you might have.

Quote Originally Posted by chs4 View Post
    ...I have pictures from each location in my Aruba 2008 gallery.
    Great pictures, what did camera you use for the "wet" pics?
    Aruba History:
    Lou: Visited on a cruise in 2005
    Lou&Nay: Will visit on our honeymoon 9/2008

Quote Originally Posted by lou&nay View Post
    Great pictures, what did camera you use for the "wet" pics?
    Thanks!

The "wet" pictures (and a few others at the beach and/or near the pool) were taken with a Vivitar ViviCam 6200W:

Several reviews available on Amazon.

I wasn't sure how well they would turn out, but the price was right so I took a chance. All-in-all I think it does a pretty good job for the money.

Vivitar actually manufacturers this same exact camera for a company called SeaLife. They re-brand it as their "ECOshot" model and market it to scuba divers at nearly twice the price, but it's the same camera.

To see the island the kids especially may enjoy one of ABC's Jeep Safari Tours
    http://www.abc-aruba.com/

A great way to see part of the island from the water, as well as snorkel outside the barrier island at Mangel Halto is an excursion aboard the Tranquilo http://www.tranquiloaruba.com/ We sailed with our then 10 yo dd aboard. Our Day Aboard Tranquilo

This June we are going to sail with Jolly Pirates
    http://www.jolly-pirates.com/...supposed to be another HUGE hit with the kids.

snorkeling

I plan on snorkeling while in Aruba.

How clean is the rental equipment?
    Cost of renting?
    Availabilty of rental equipment?

thank you

The folks at Mermaid are reasonable.
    http://www.scubadivers-aruba.com/index.html

The dive sites are here:
    http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/ABC/Aruba/

There are many good boat trips, I have not had a bad one!

We have prescription masks and bring our own fins, so we are abnormal.

We used the boats for the first year and use at least one a year for places not approachable by car.

Good Luck, Pete

If you can get the equipment there are spots all over you can stop and just swim out. There is always something to see!!! Toward the lighthouse there are many starfish, which if you have never seen them, they are kind of cool. Otherwise go to baby's beach, easy and lots of fish!!!

Have fun... Arubalisa, I am sure could give you all of the locations to rent or purchase gear!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast