Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Snorkeling Excursions

Excursions?

Where is the best place and time to purchase excursions? This is our first trip to Aruba and we are staying at La Cabana. But should we look into purchasing excursions before hand (if possible) or wait until we get there?

Most large resorts will have concierges or tour desks to book excursions. For the most part they solely use the largest tour company on the island.

You can book excursions in advance on your own using any company of your choice. Some companies will offer discounts for booking in advance. There are some discount coupons handed out in "goodie bags" as you leave the airport.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    We waited until we were there. The few we did were cheaper calling direct than going thru the tour desk/concierge at the resort. We called a day or two ahead to make sure we could go when we wanted. We had to wait and go a day later than planned for one because they were booked but it wasn't a big deal for us.

Thanks for that information.

What are the best tours? I am a big fan of snorkeling... at least from watching it on tv lol. When I went to Jamaica I didnt get the opportunity (because other people were scared) and I didn't want to go alone. This time around I am going...no if, and, or buts about it.

But aside from that..which other ones are best

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by sunlover31 View Post
    Where is the best place and time to purchase excursions? This is our first trip to Aruba and we are staying at La Cabana. But should we look into purchasing excursions before hand (if possible) or wait until we get there?
    You can click on Depalm Tours Aruba and Red Sail sports and see whats available.

When you book your tours make sure it is not a Cruise Ship day. For a novice snorkeler Baby Beach is Fantastic, breakwater, no waves, no more than 8', plenty of fish, stay inside the breakwater, strong current outside.

For snorkeling

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/jolly%20pirates.html fun and lively

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/tranquilo.html serious snorkeling, longer more relaxing laid back day

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/snorkel%20cruise.html additional info

Imo, closest to the resort areas, for the best shore snorkeling are Boca Catalina/Catalina Cove.

If you are not agile and coordinated, like me , I suggest entering at Boca Catalina. There are a bunch of rocks at the entry at Catalina Cove pictured below.

Catalina Cove

http://www.arubabound.com/dive/snorkel_photos.htm a few photos. I thought the Trunkfish and Pompano were pretty cool.

Others prefer Baby Beach. Be careful here and do not go out into the open water.

oooo thanks alot....

Highly Recommended Smooth Sailing and Snorkel

Hi.

Today is 10 March 2010 and I went sailing on the Black Pearl yesterday from the Marriott Surf Club dock. I'm just writing to say what a great experience it was.

The most lasting impression we have from the trip is that we were really impressed with the hospitality of the crew. Even though we just met, they make you feel like old friends. The sailing is smooth and the little sandwiches are incredibly delicious. It was very comfortable and relaxing overall. Albert and Joann are wonderful hosts and so very good at sharing what they do.

As an added bonus, we got a really neat video of our trip and we were so happy to be able to share that video with our friends and family at home and most of all, a new cherished memory created for our children.

Thank you to Albert and Joann for a great trip. I highly recommend people check out aruba-sailing-dot-com and a trip on the wonderful wooden boat, the Black Pearl to relax your lazy bonez.

- Jay, Karen, Jason and Madison from Boston
    Last edited by ThinkGadget; 03-10-2010 at 09:36 AM. Reason: clarity

Catamaran Sails

Many years ago we were in St Croix and went snorkeling on a catamaran or trimaran with only six people. It was so much better than going with 42 other people. Are there any reputable companies/individuals that offer the same for Aruba?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast