Aruba Beach

Thread: Snorkeling with my parents

Snorkeling with my parents

My husband and I are headed back to Aruba in May for our 8th trip. This year we are bringing my parents with us to enjoy the wonderful island. My dad said the one thing he wants to do on this trip is snorkel. My folks are in their late 60s/early 70s. My question is - where should we take them? Both are completely mobile so that's not an issue. I doubt my mom will want to snorkel, but she will want to join us for the trip. Right now my two thoughts are 1) rent a car and head down to Baby Beach, or 2) take the Black Pearl/Blue Melody snorkel trip. I'd appreciate any suggestions/comments. Thanks in advance for your help!

Get me back to Aruba!

Bully brought my family to a great place but I do not recall the name. It was out past the high rise hotels. My father (age 79) snorkled there. We all had a great time. Bully, if you read this, coudl you please let ArubaLiz know the spot. It was much better and safer than baby beach. Have fun!
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    if they are non snorkelers or beginners have them practice in your resprt's pool 1st.

baby beach is a perfect snorkel, not outside the breakwater though.

unsure if i would recommend a boat snorkel for them.
    if mom is unsure, a boat may add to anxiety.

catalina cove, up beyond the windsurfer area near arashi beach might be great for a first or second snorkel.
    i really really like catalina cove and cukiecutr went there via bully.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaLiz View Post
    My husband and I are headed back to Aruba in May for our 8th trip. This year we are bringing my parents with us to enjoy the wonderful island. My dad said the one thing he wants to do on this trip is snorkel. My folks are in their late 60s/early 70s. My question is - where should we take them? Both are completely mobile so that's not an issue. I doubt my mom will want to snorkel, but she will want to join us for the trip. Right now my two thoughts are 1) rent a car and head down to Baby Beach, or 2) take the Black Pearl/Blue Melody snorkel trip. I'd appreciate any suggestions/comments. Thanks in advance for your help!

If it is north of the high rises, it is most likely Boca Catalina. We snorkeled there with a child who is a poor swimmer and he did great. Most important for you is that the entry is EASY!

I have a lot of info at
    Snorkeling Boca Catalina & Catalina Cove

Thanks every one for your advice! My folks have been ocean lovers all their life so the water is not an issue. My mom will most likely come with us for the trip to enjoy the day, but probably not want to snorkel. You never know though...Aruba can change people. I'll plan to either rent a car or reach out to Bully.

Thanks again for all your help!

Get me back to Aruba!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We love snorkeling at Boca Catalina. The entrance is very rocky and very difficult, but you can walk down the beach a little ways to get in. My husband was sure the rocky entry would be fine the first time. Everyone around us and on shore was very entertained by our antics. We were holding on to each other, stepping on our fins, sliding around, getting stuck, and laughing the entire time. The next visit we went down the beach like Lisa had suggested, and it was much easier to get in. Be sure to get there between 8:00-8:30 if you want a palapa. Their are no chairs so you will be sitting in the sand. Next time we are going to buy some cheap beach chairs at Certified when we get to Aruba. We'll donate them to someone when we leave.

Thumbs up

Catalina Cove -- DIFFICULT entry

Boca Catalina -- EASY entry

To piggy back on these snorkel conversations ... does anyone know what it will cost to rent snorkel gear? We are considering purchasing our own.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aquawindies.com/equipment...__airfills.htm
    click this link
    gives rental pricing

aquawindies is VERY reputable