Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Snorkeling question - beach vs. boat

Snorkeling question - beach vs. boat

I am planning a snorkeling trip for the entire family (10 of us) while we are in Aruba next month. While looking at reviews I saw that Aruba Bob's is highly rated. They sounded great EXCEPT that they don't snorkel from a boat, but from a beach. Being on a boat is part of the fun. Do you agree?

Who do you recommend for boat-based snorkeling trips?

Aruba since 1979
    sorry, but respectfully no i do not agree.
    arubabob snorkeling was by far the best snorkel tmie i ever had(aruba, bonaire and fl keys)

good boat based snorkeling trip is Tranquilo, jolly pirate, octopus, red sail and others.

check out this link http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/wa...norkel?tid=131

Quote Originally Posted by Family2Aruba View Post
    I am planning a snorkeling trip for the entire family (10 of us) while we are in Aruba next month. While looking at reviews I saw that Aruba Bob's is highly rated. They sounded great EXCEPT that they don't snorkel from a boat, but from a beach. Being on a boat is part of the fun. Do you agree?

Who do you recommend for boat-based snorkeling trips?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-17-2015 at 10:25 PM.

Thank you for the response. I have a lot to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    sorry, but respectfully no i do not agree.
    arubabob snorkeling was by far the best snorkel tmie i ever had(aruba, bonaire and fl keys)

good boat based snorkeling trip is Tranquilo, jolly pirate, octopus, red sail and others.

check out this link http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/wa...norkel?tid=131

I agree with Andrea. From the beach was much more of an adventure and at Mango Alto where Aruba Bob operates, you will see much more fish, coral, sunken boat etc. However, I believe they only take groups of 6 at a time. The boat is about the ride, lunch, booze and a little snorkeling which is fine if this is what you want.

I think it depends what you're looking for. They are two completely different experiences. In my opinion Aruba Bob snorkeling is not to be missed. However if you are looking for a group trip where not everyone is concerned with snorkeling, a boat trip might be more appropriate. For a group of 10 I would imagine that jolly pirates would be a good fit, but it is just as much a party boat as it is a snorkel trip
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 11-18-2015 at 09:31 AM.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Aruba bobs is NOT TO BE MISSED
    Kent and Stuart run a top notch operation
    They are experts, know the area and have all the equipment you need!!!

Email or call Aruba Bob's and talk to them. They are wonderful people and very helpful. You want to make sure all 10 are up to par for the trip. If there are little ones or older folks in your party they may need some down time on a boat between snorkeling stops.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

If it's a boat option you're looking for, Black a Pearl is a lot of fun. As everyone says though, Aruba Bob's gets raves.

Black Pearl is our boat of choice for snorkeling, but they fill up quickly as they only seat 24 people, so book them early. Aruba Bob is the ultimate snorkeling tour and as everyone has said it leaves from the beach. If you want to party and have loud music, by all means, JP or Mi Dushi will fill the bill. But if you really want to see the undersea world that is Aruba, Aruba Bob should be your first and only choice.

We've sailed on Tranquilo on 3 separate occasions. First time we were two families so a group of 7 and the last time again as a family. We think it is one of the best excursions on the island. Lunch including delicious Dutch split pea soup, snorkeling and sailing. Life doesn't get much better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast