Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Snorkeling question - beach vs. boat

I'll echo what others have said. I love being on a boat, our favorite is Black Pearl. We've done Jolly Pirates and had a blast, but prefer the laid back Black Pearl. But nothing compares to a snorkel with Aruba Bob. Hands down the best thing we've done on the island. It really is about what you're looking for.

I agree with Arubalisa and recommend Tranquilo (http://www.tranquiloaruba.com). Aruba Bob is fantastic for a snorkeling experience, but if you enjoy the sail as much as the snorkel, then don't pass up the opportunity to sail in Aruba (the wind is fantastic!). With a group of 10 people, you have the option to charter the Tranquilo for a private sail and then you can select the itinerary & pace for your trip. I am a huge fan of sailing so whenever I travel to Aruba with more than 8 friends, I always do a private booking on the Tranquilo as the rates are reasonable and work out to about the same as if you participated in a public outing. If you have interest, send an inquiry on the website to Captain Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    sorry, but respectfully no i do not agree.
    arubabob snorkeling was by far the best snorkel tmie i ever had(aruba, bonaire and fl keys)

good boat based snorkeling trip is Tranquilo, jolly pirate, octopus, red sail and others.

check out this link http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/wa...norkel?tid=131

My family loves the beach and snorkeling too! Now I really want to go to Aruba!

Do you know how to reach the Black Pearl? Thank you!

Here's their website http://www.aruba-sailing.com

we booked on line when we went. You pay on the day you go. They fill up fast.

Thank you Everyone for the input. We wound up doing a 4 hour snorkel sail on the Tranquilo. It was awesome. Captain Anthony did his thing and Marco took excellent care of our party including excited children and seasick grandparents. The pea soup was So yummy. The snorkeling was good, but we all realized what we really enjoyed most was the sailing. My husband and I even went sans children on a Jolly Pirates sail before we left the island.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12