Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Snorkeling Suggestions

I too wanted to book with Black Pearl, and they are full. My problem is that we're leaving for Aruba this Saturday, June 2! Can anyone recommend a sail / snorkel that is similar to Black Pearl? We're looking for a quiet and not over crowded experience. We had a HORRIBLE experience with a guy named Rodney a few years ago, and now I'm leery of trying something new.

Aruba since 1979
    Consider tranquilo or octopus

Quote Originally Posted by Jujubeoh View Post
    I too wanted to book with Black Pearl, and they are full. My problem is that we're leaving for Aruba this Saturday, June 2! Can anyone recommend a sail / snorkel that is similar to Black Pearl? We're looking for a quiet and not over crowded experience. We had a HORRIBLE experience with a guy named Rodney a few years ago, and now I'm leery of trying something new.

...or Strea Charters...from my trip report...
    Strea Charters

Strea only takes 8 people and this snorkel tour is an excellent value for the money for an intimate tour experience. Even if you do not snorkel, I would recommend this excursion for anyone looking for a leisurely boat ride along the mangroves of Aruba’s western coastline with turquoise waters all around.

Mangel Halto is one of the best spots on the island for snorkeling and there is much to see underwater. The shallow reef may make it a little daunting for the faint of heart, but if you are an experienced snorkeler you should have no trouble at all. The Captain John is your underwater guide. If you are not experienced, he will tell you what to do and not do to make your snorkel tour the best experience. We were the only group at the reef at the time.

Once out of the water, Captain John took our requests for sandwiches and we enjoyed time munching our lunch while reminiscing about what we saw.

Book this excursion early. Since they take small groups, it does tend to book up quickly.

I better book early than if I decide on the Black Pearl! Does it make sense to do more than one snorkeling trip on another boat? I don't want it to be the same.

Aruba since 1979
    i would not do 2 boat snorkeling trips.
    maybe mix it up with a shore trip, either on your own at baby beach, or catalina cove or even www.arubabobsnorkeling.com .

we did arubabob 2 weeks ago and it was awesome.
    hand held motorized scooter-like devices are held and they pull you around the snorkel site.
    awesome.

member cindyo's family went on a arubaabob adventure yesterday and apparently had a blast.

2 snorkeling adventures, 1 by boat and the other by shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonie View Post
    I better book early than if I decide on the Black Pearl! Does it make sense to do more than one snorkeling trip on another boat? I don't want it to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonie View Post
    All depends upon the boat.

Strea and Tranquilo snorkel at Mangel Halto, most if not all the other boats snorkel at the northern end of the island, Boca Catalina and the Antilla wreck.

We have snorkeled both areas and prefer Mangel Halto, but that is just us. Boca Catalina is just as easy to snorkel from shore = cheap = free.

Just booked with Black Pearl for next month, $20 discount if you book online and they don't charge you until you get there. I'm getting excited!

jaw
    I would also recommend ArubaBob, mentioned above. The water scooters are great. They also do night trips, but I haven't tried the night trip.

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Aruba Bob #1

Roberto's Watersports (smaller tri-hull) with 20 - 25 people #2

They are two very different experiences.

arubabob........................................

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123