Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: snorkeling using the "propulsion/scooters/hand held devices"

Stuart was a great guide when I went on the snorklel trip a few years ago. I would love to do this trip all over again. I heard they do a night time snorkel with flash lights.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Sorry no idea

Quote Originally Posted by ZIPPAK View Post
    I am looking to rent just the Underwater Scooter without going on the tour. Has anyone rented a underwater scooter? Where did u get it and how much did it cost. My wife has MS but loves to snorkel but we like to do it on our own. Thanks for your help. Norm

Aruba since 1979
    yes they do a night snorkel.
    go for it and report back in on your experience.
    i think i would not be a good candidate as I would be freaking…. a dark ocean is a very scary place.
    Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    Stuart was a great guide when I went on the snorklel trip a few years ago. I would love to do this trip all over again. I heard they do a night time snorkel with flash lights.

We have done it twice, once with Kent, and once with Kent's nephew (can't remember his name, but he was a professional diver who used to work oil rigs in the Gulf). Both times were great. The price is very reasonable (comparable to the touristy boat trips) and we always went private...just the two of us. Another hint: after the morning snorkel, and using the outdoor shower back at Club Arias, go to Zeerover right down the street for lunch. We were beat, and it was great to relax at Zeerover's with fresh fish and Balashi.
    If you put some html here, you could create a countdown ticker, but we don't care, we're going in May 2018! Yay!

We were just watching a you tube video of this snorkeling adventure. Jon is concerned that you have to be able to hold your breath for too long to see everything. He's a smoker and I'm not in the best shape but we are both strong swimmers. Did anyone feel like you had to hold your breath for a while? This sounds ridiculous to me even as I type it but we are curious so I thought I'd ask.

Aruba since 1979
    in snorkeling, one is breathing thru the snorkel...there is no breath holding.
    some folks dive under and want to get to coral or other living things closer.....but totally not necessary.
    paul and i dove down just once or twice each but the other couple that was with us did not.

the currents there are strong and the propulsion scooter things were very helpful.

it is a wonderful snorkel adventure.

I am not aware of anyone who rents scooters on the island. You could try www.jadsaruba.com but I am not sure if he rents them out without a guide.

Aruba since 1979
    hey there stuart how are you?

Quote Originally Posted by fanchthang View Post
    I am not aware of anyone who rents scooters on the island. You could try www.jadsaruba.com but I am not sure if he rents them out without a guide.

Hi Andrea, I am good thanks, I have not been here in a while so I thought I would come and see whats going on. How about you guys?

Yeah, I've seen some of the Aruba Bob videos - they know how to enjoy the water. Definately plan on contacting them next summer (if all goes as planned)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast