Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: snorkeling using the "propulsion/scooters/hand held devices"

Kent is an awesome guy and his tours are the best on the island. I've gone diving with him 10 or so times, cant wait to get back and go again!

kent is a great guy, friend since first taking folks out..

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Rob and I were walking from the Renn Marina tower to the suites and a van pulls over and was beeping at us...... Kent!
    now how cool is that that he was able to pick us out of a crowded sidewalk! Our kids have been out 3x with him.
    Kent, honorary Aruban, is great.

Aruba since 1979
    kent and stuart run a fine business.
    we have been out with them only once.
    once is not enough

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Rob and I were walking from the Renn Marina tower to the suites and a van pulls over and was beeping at us...... Kent!
    now how cool is that that he was able to pick us out of a crowded sidewalk! Our kids have been out 3x with him.
    Kent, honorary Aruban, is great.

I agree I only went out once myself. I'm going to try it again this May but I have to get in better shape for it. Trying to lose a few pounds for the new year.

Mangel Halto for snorkeling, Palm and Arashi for beach time.
    When we went to Aruba in 2012 I had read many positive things about Kent and Stuart here on the forum, so I e-mailed them and booked our first snorkel trip ever. Stuart (IIRC) asked all kinds of things: if we were good swimmers (my wife is, I'm not), if we had snorkeled before, etc.

We decided to wear the life vests that would keep us afloat all the time, not the inflatable ones. Stuart took us to the shallow areas so we could learn the basics of floating with the vest, using the snorkel and the scooter. When we felt comfortable, he took us to deeper waters. Since we were the only ones booked for that afternoon, he took a friend with him to look after us (at least that was my impression).

In my opinion it was the highlight of our trip to Aruba (that's what I wrote on TripAdvisor). When we return to Aruba, we'll book them for sure!

All the best from Brazil

Marcio

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123