Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Snorkeling w/ Kent aka ArubaBob

Snorkeling w/ Kent aka ArubaBob

returned from 18 wonderful day's, and want to share with other's that kent gerber is a great guy, went out twice, the first with my son and nephew's, then with my other family member's. been snorkeling for many years in aruba, but kent know's that water like a road map, and with the scooter's he provides were great.
    kent offered to pick me up at the hotel, but we had a rental car.
    if you want an experience call kent, looking forward on our next day.
    snorkeling with kent, jumbo shrimp and mahi mahi, with drinks at zeerovers, great day in aruba...

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling

Snorkeling at Mangel Halto with Kent

Today I went snorkeling with Kent Gerber at Mangel Halto reef. It was far and away the best snorkeling I've done in Aruba. Without Kent as a guide and the use of the "scooter" it would not have been possible. I saw more coral formations and fish in an hour than I've seen in five or six other solo or guided outings here.

Thank you to Kent for a great experience.

Kent is the best, he knows that place like the back of his hand, and what a great guy.

Hello heading to Aruba next Sat. How can I get a hold of a good snorkel guide?

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Abacadaba,
    See my post re: Kent Gerber. You can find him on this forum as a member. He knows the Mangel Halto Reef very well and is well equipped to show it to visitors. It's a great experience but not for a first-timer. The coral is amazing there. Kent is a great and patient guide.

You can also choose to do a snorkel - cruise with a boat like Roberto's Watersports. they have a hut in front of the Holiday Inn next to the Marriott Surf on Palm Beach.

You can also use your own equipment if you brought it or rent some and just head up to Boca Catalina (north west of the Marriott properties). It has a some nice reefs about 40 yards from the beach, parking and a few palapas. We were there today for a few hours and the water is crystal clear and we saw a great variety of fish.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsphr View Post
    Today I went snorkeling with Kent Gerber at Mangel Halto reef. It was far and away the best snorkeling I've done in Aruba. Without Kent as a guide and the use of the "scooter" it would not have been possible. I saw more coral formations and fish in an hour than I've seen in five or six other solo or guided outings here.

Thank you to Kent for a great experience.
    We went snorkeling with Kent this morning and it was amazing. He took 5 of us out and once he felt that we were comfortable in the water and using the scooters, he took us on a fantastic tour of Mangel Halto and its reefs for an hour and a half. This reef has some of the clearest water I have seen in Aruba and great coral formations. The only other people there were a few divers with Aqua Windies, so a very different experience from the snorkel boats we have previously taken. We finished with Kent around 11am and he emailed us the underwater pictures he took of us at 3pm. I totally agree with Jpsphr that this was just a great snorkeling experience...and Kent is just a really nice person to meet and spend some time with.

Smile Snorkeling with Aruba Bob (Kent)

I went out snorkeling with Kent Gerber while in Aruba recently. It was just the 2 of us and we had a great time. It was my first time using a scooter to move through the water. The main advantage was being able to cover a lot more area. Luckily, Kent was able to pick me up at La Cabana since I didn't rent a car this trip. I know Kent loves snorkeling, but I am not sure he really gets a vacation with all the people he takes snorkeling. Before we left Aruba, Kent's snorkeling activity made it into the local newspaper twice. Kent now has a partner down there so the snorkeling operation can run year-round. They can be reached at ArubaBob@live.com.

Aruba since 1979
    Kent's "passion" is now a business!

I wish him well as well as his partner.

Maybe next trip will include scooter snorkeling for us.

Kent is an amazing guy, whom really loves snorkling and sharing his passion for snorkling with others. His idea of a great day must include snorkling.

Smile

My dream is eat, sleep and SNORKLE!!!!!!!! I also love to meet all you nice people on these boards. It is awsome to talk to everyone and meet their families and ask what they do. I have sooo many stories to tell. I think I could write a book so Daniel or San Nic 44, you better look out!!!!
    My son is getting Married Labor Day Weekend so Sept 8 my wife and I are going to sneak back down to Paradice for 5 days!! Can't wait!! Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast