Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Snorkeling w/ Kent aka ArubaBob

Best of luck to the newlyweds.Five days........................I think you have a surprise for the Mrs.

Smile

Hey Dannyo! I do have a surprise for the Mrs. I plan on taking her NIGHT SNORKLING!!!!~! I will let you know how that goes. I told her I will stay right by her side and I will bring her back whenever she says. I won't repeat what she told me but I am very certain that I will get her out at least 1 night.
    The reason I really want to take her out 1 night is because 15 years ago when we were at the Caymans, our resort had a night snorkle and I talked her into going with me. There were only 4 of us and I thought we would have these very bright lights and it would be great. They give us the littlest flashlight I have ever seen in my life and we started to swim way out and it was rough and my wife was getting sea sick and scared to death because we couldn't see anything with the little lights. Her and another lady went back in on there own and she said she would never do that again. Now I have 5 BIG underwater lights and I see how beautiful it is at night so I want to show her the true version of night snorkling so I asked her for just 1 more chance just so she can see it for herself. Right now I like the night snorkling even better than the day snorkling. Hope she will also like it. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Hey Kent,

Toni and I wish you congrats on the wedding and never stop snorkeling!

Jeff

[QUOTE=jpsphr;206979]It's a great experience but not for a first-timer. QUOTE]

Why is snorkeling with Kent/Bob not for a first-timer? Just curious because I'm considering taking snorkel trip with them. My boyfriend and I have been snorkeling once before, but are no experts. Would this not be a good trip for us since we are not very experienced?

Thanks!

You will have a great time with Kent snorkeling. My husband and I went snorkeling with Kent this August. We are not very experienced either. Kent was very patient and calm with us. My husband Charlie was a little apprehensive at first, and then he had a blast. This trip was the highlight of our vacation. We plan to make this a yearly event with Kent. If you need more infomation you can pm me. Patti & Charlie

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Hi Cjoy575,

When I wrote "not for a first-timer" I meant someone who has literally NEVER snorkeled before. It would be tough to handle the scooter if you have no experience, plus, it's not a short nor near-shore snorkel.

If you're comfortable in the water, go for it. Kent is a great guide and will be very patient with you, as others have said.

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    Hey Dannyo! I do have a surprise for the Mrs. I plan on taking her NIGHT SNORKLING!!!!~! I will let you know how that goes. I told her I will stay right by her side and I will bring her back whenever she says. I won't repeat what she told me but I am very certain that I will get her out at least 1 night.
    The reason I really want to take her out 1 night is because 15 years ago when we were at the Caymans, our resort had a night snorkle and I talked her into going with me. There were only 4 of us and I thought we would have these very bright lights and it would be great. They give us the littlest flashlight I have ever seen in my life and we started to swim way out and it was rough and my wife was getting sea sick and scared to death because we couldn't see anything with the little lights. Her and another lady went back in on there own and she said she would never do that again. Now I have 5 BIG underwater lights and I see how beautiful it is at night so I want to show her the true version of night snorkling so I asked her for just 1 more chance just so she can see it for herself. Right now I like the night snorkling even better than the day snorkling. Hope she will also like it. Kent

A few years ago I did a night dive.We dove the Airplane wreck and the colors at night are amazing.I have dove that site many times and at night it is so different,Enjoy..

[QUOTE=Cjoy575;210378]
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsphr View Post
    It's a great experience but not for a first-timer. QUOTE]

Why is snorkeling with Kent/Bob not for a first-timer? Just curious because I'm considering taking snorkel trip with them. My boyfriend and I have been snorkeling once before, but are no experts. Would this not be a good trip for us since we are not very experienced?

Thanks!
    You'll be fine if you've snorkeled once before-no need to be an expert because Kent is. Kent will modify where he takes you depending on your comfort and skill level and will never put you in danger.

Thanks for all the info everyone! We are definitely going to book a snorkel trip with Kent it sounds so great!!!

... One more thing for me to be excited about!!!!

I have done several snorkeling adventures in Aruba. Far and away Kent's tour was the best. He had us swimming with the fishes and seeing great coral formations. He even took the time to answer questions while in the water. I recommend it to everyone.
    Thank you for your time,

Scott Kompa
    skompa@comcast.net

If you know of anyone that needs to buy or sell a home anywhere in the world let me know as I can help! Scott Kompa, Sales Associate, RE/MAX Connection

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast