Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Snorkeling w/ Kent aka ArubaBob

Aruba since 1979
    more kent photos :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snorkeling w/ Kent aka ArubaBob-aruba-sept-2011-016.jpg   Snorkeling w/ Kent aka ArubaBob-p9110048.jpg   Snorkeling w/ Kent aka ArubaBob-p9110061.jpg  
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Aruba Bob Snorkeling

Wow! What a great time I had! I had never been snorkeling before but really wanted to try it so I made reservations with Stuart before I got to Aruba. My husband didn't think I would be able to do it, so the day before my scheduled snorkel trip, I went to the hotel equipment center and signed out a mask and snorkel and headed into the water. DH showed me how to put the mask and snorkel on. At first it was a little scarey not being able to breath normally, but I caught on real fast and made my mind up that I was going to keep my 'date' with Stuart. Stuart picked us up at the hotel (Occidental) and we were on our way to be fitted with the gear and then on our way to Mangel Halto for snorkeling. I must say that during the reservation phase, we were asked what I consider very important questions, such as how well can you swim, have you ever snorkeled, etc. And he also recommended that we wear a t-shirt while snorkeling due to the sun.
    We got to the beach, put on our gear and headed in to the water! Unfortunately, DH couldn't continue on...he has lung disease and the rough water made it to difficult for him to breath through the snorkel. Stuart took him back to the beach and back to the car and made sure that he was alright to leave there (he was fine, just knew he couldn't do the swim). Stuart told me to make sure that I stay where I could always touch bottom until he got back. Once he got back we headed out. I was amazed. I felt bad that I had to keep stopping to take a breath and breath through my nose. He told me not to worry about that, he wanted me to be comfortable. We were in the water for more than an hour and he did have to 'save' me once when I couldn't get away from the area of the coral. He left it up to me if I wanted to continue on. I chose not to go any further because, being my first time out, I didn't want him to have to 'swim' me back in on his back! He took us back to the hotel, and the next day brought me over a disc with pictures he took of us snorkeling, and the fish we saw.
    I think this was the highlight of my trip and when I return to Aruba I will definately book Stuart again. I will be perfecting my snorkeling before the next trip! And hopefully DH will drop a few pounds, which will make his breathing easier, and will be able to join us, if not he will take the pictures!
    On a scale of 1 to 10 I give this event a 10. Thanks for the great time and memories, Stuart.
    Brenda and Lance
    Last edited by brendielee; 10-14-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    Next Aruba trip in

BrandieLee,

Sounds like you had a great tiem! Thanks for posting about it! I have a tour booked for Stuart for just over a week from now, so it's great to hear such positive reviews!

-C
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Aruba since 1979
    thanks

hoping you post a whole trip review in MY ARUBA STORY
    Quote Originally Posted by brendielee View Post
    Wow! What a great time I had! I had never been snorkeling before but really wanted to try it so I made reservations with Stuart before I got to Aruba. My husband didn't think I would be able to do it, so the day before my scheduled snorkel trip, I went to the hotel equipment center and signed out a mask and snorkel and headed into the water. DH showed me how to put the mask and snorkel on. At first it was a little scarey not being able to breath normally, but I caught on real fast and made my mind up that I was going to keep my 'date' with Stuart. Stuart picked us up at the hotel (Occidental) and we were on our way to be fitted with the gear and then on our way to Mangel Halto for snorkeling. I must say that during the reservation phase, we were asked what I consider very important questions, such as how well can you swim, have you ever snorkeled, etc. And he also recommended that we wear a t-shirt while snorkeling due to the sun.
    We got to the beach, put on our gear and headed in to the water! Unfortunately, DH couldn't continue on...he has lung disease and the rough water made it to difficult for him to breath through the snorkel. Stuart took him back to the beach and back to the car and made sure that he was alright to leave there (he was fine, just knew he couldn't do the swim). Stuart told me to make sure that I stay where I could always touch bottom until he got back. Once he got back we headed out. I was amazed. I felt bad that I had to keep stopping to take a breath and breath through my nose. He told me not to worry about that, he wanted me to be comfortable. We were in the water for more than an hour and he did have to 'save' me once when I couldn't get away from the area of the coral. He left it up to me if I wanted to continue on. I chose not to go any further because, being my first time out, I didn't want him to have to 'swim' me back in on his back! He took us back to the hotel, and the next day brought me over a disc with pictures he took of us snorkeling, and the fish we saw.
    I think this was the highlight of my trip and when I return to Aruba I will definately book Stuart again. I will be perfecting my snorkeling before the next trip! And hopefully DH will drop a few pounds, which will make his breathing easier, and will be able to join us, if not he will take the pictures!
    On a scale of 1 to 10 I give this event a 10. Thanks for the great time and memories, Stuart.
    Brenda and Lance
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

I will try to get one posted tomorrow. We had a great time.
    Next Aruba trip in

Smile

Brendielee, I am glad you had a great time. Hopefully the next time you come back, maybe I will be there to meet you guys.
    When you look into the water for the first time, you aren't use to breathing while you are seeing water so it tkes alittle time to relax and breath normal. If you did it once, it will only get easier. After 10 or 20 times, then you will turn into part fish like Stuart. Thanks for your report. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 47th trip in June 2015 and 48th trip in Nov 2015.

Mangel Halto, Arashi, Catalina Cove, Malmok, Andicuri Beach

Amazing Snorkeling with Kent and Stuart

My friend Don and I went snorkeling with Aruba Bob (Kent and Stuart) this past Monday. We met them at Club Arias (amazing little bed and breakfast) in Savaneta (a 20 minute drive south from the resort area, straight down the main road), we loaded up their van with gear and then drove about 1/2 mile to Mangel Halto. I've snorkeled many times; this was an amazing experience!!! The scooters allowed us to reach the reef in no time at all, so we could spend most our time exploring Mangel Halto. The water was crystal clear and very warm. I could have stayed in the water all day. Kent and Stuart are really nice guys and wonderful guides! They took pictures of us during our snorkel and e-mailed them to me later that day. I HIGHLY recommend booking a snorkel trip with them – you will love it! Tonight we’re going night snorkeling with them – can’t wait J

Hey Lisa! We really enjoyed the 3 trips you and your friends did with us and it is so nice to meet nice people like you guys. We hope to see you back on Aruba soon!! Kent & Stuart
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 47th trip in June 2015 and 48th trip in Nov 2015.

Mangel Halto, Arashi, Catalina Cove, Malmok, Andicuri Beach
    Hi Kent! Snorkeling with you and Stuart was the highlight of our trip. The night snorkeling was such an incredible experience! And all the pictures you took of us turned out great - what a wonderful keepsake! Already planning our next visit to Aruba - will keep you posted :-)

How far ahead should be book snorkle morning trip?
    We are not going to have a car is that a problem?
    Arriving Dec 9

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast