Aruba Beach

Thread: snorkelling near Palm beach

Smile snorkelling near Palm beach

Hi guys

we're staying at the Riu for a couple of weeks and I know that my 7 year old son is going to want to go snorkelling every day with me.

Basically - where's the closest place we can easily get to and also what are the best boat trips offering snorkelling (open question I know)?

Thanks in advance

jon

Aruba since 1979
    well, one of the BEST is Tranquilo and another is Jolly Pirates for best snorkel trips kids love jolly pirate

one of the closest places is catalina cove which is up beyond the marriott property by about a mile.

will post some links.
    http://www.aruba.com/ThingstoDo/Acti...?searchon=type
    Snorkeling Question
    Jolly Pirates sail
    Jolly Pirates sail

Jolly Pirates is a fun and active day. I wrote about our experience here.

Lisa's Dd on the rope swing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Zb6np1n0o

we're staying at the Riu for a couple of weeks and I know that my 7 year old son is going to want to go snorkelling every day with me.

Basically - where's the closest place we can easily get to and also what are the best boat trips offering snorkelling (open question I know)?

Thanks in advance

jon

Last edited by Andrea J.; 05-02-2010 at 10:08 AM.

Palm Beach is famous for it's powder white sand beaches.
    The ocean bottom is the same. The reefs are very far off the beach and besides the boat traffic, too far to swim to.

The only snorkeling on Palm Beach will be south of the Riu near the Divi Phoenix resort. Depending upon your child's swimming abilities see

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f10/snorkeling-question-44945/#post173630

Cool thanks Guys :-)
    Heading out in July! Can't wait.

Good morning..........
    I was using the swim area off the Westin, which is just South of the Riu. It also has a big swim/dive platform out in the water. The DePalm pier is right there too, for Catamaran excursions. Snorkel in the swim area for exercise, you may spot a fish or two, or trinkets people sometimes lose.
    Just South of the swim area rope is a small rocky reef, in water shallow enough to walk to. (Adult, waist deep). Perfect for off-beach snorkeling to see a few more fish. ArubaLisa link above does show a photo. Yes, it's right off that Polis Station building. To experience a more colorful snorkel of Caribbean coral and fishes, an excursion may be needed. Hope this helps. Have a good trip.

IT is a trip to get to, but if you want to see a lot of fish go to Baby Beach...go in with bread and they come right up to you
    Michele Higgins
    Canít wait to get back!

Dominica All Inclusives

Aruba since 1979
    if you think the fish love bread........bring frozen peas.......it is a sight!!

disclosure:
    i did get scolded a few times for "feeding the fish", apparently it is not a good thing for the reef.

Quote Originally Posted by michelehiggins View Post
    IT is a trip to get to, but if you want to see a lot of fish go to Baby Beach...go in with bread and they come right up to you