Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SNUBA trip?

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I don't think we will have time to get the certification done before we leave - seriously ready to get away from work with all of the extra hours we're putting in right now. But quick question, is the price that is listed on DePalm's website the actual amount for SNUBA or does it just include snorkling and the boat ride out there? I saw on another posting somewhere that they weren't really up front about the cost of it. . . and then the people had to pay extra to use the SNUBA equipment or something.

We booked off the sheet we got when we checked in to the Divi. I could probably dig one of them up and compare, but as long as it is significantly more than the normal snorkeling trip, it is probably correct.

Aruba since 1979
    i just looked at the site and the pricing it includes snuba and all that goes with it.

my recollection is that folks sometimes complain that they charge extra for wetsuits.
    i think that the only complaint was that.............charging for wetsuits.

wetsuits are optional. i have gone diving in aruba and worn just my bathingsuit and a few times wearing just a lightweight wetsuit top.

the folks that have done snuba that i have spoken to have liked it.

Thank you so much for your input! This makes it much easier to decide. Will post when we get back and hopefully have some pictures to put up as well.

Have also done the snuba trip with depalm and you are correct about the price. If you do not want to snuba, just snorkel and enjoy the boat trip you pay the cheaper price. It is okay...they let you jump or dive off the side of the boat when they get to the second stop which is the shallower dive site. I would also agree with chadd to chose the antilla if they give you the option, that is the first dive site and you will get to see a boat instead of just fish...
    As for being tethered and leashed...yeah you are, but if you have never been scuba diving you really do not know the difference and if you are short on time this is the perfect choice.
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Leaving for Aruba tomorrow morning! At this point, I don't care what we do, so long as it is there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12