Aruba Beach

Thread: Spa Tipping

Spa Tipping

We have a question based on past trips to Tierra del Sol for all day use of the facilities, couples massage, and private dinner on the first tee of the golf course. We have done this a couple of times and probably will on our next trip also. I think it costs just over $300/person. I believe it is supposed to cover all tips. I don't remember reading that, but the waiter at dinner said it did. I pay when leaving the Spa and walking to the restaurant before dinner. I will add money to the credit card as a tip, but am not really sure who gets that. You can't really tip the massage ladies personally (as you don't have cash then). And then I would tip the waiter in cash or add to credit card if we drink more than what's included. The costs are not split up, but I assume the dinner is probably under $100/person. So if I wanted to tip 10% (seems pretty good if tip is already included), it would be $40 for Spa and $20 for waiter. Any comments on how else to think about this? It makes wonderful day, by the way.
    If you put some html here, you could create a countdown ticker, but we don't care, we're going in May 2018! Yay!

Oops. wrong prices

Sorry, after reading again, I think I was off on the price. I think it was about $330 total, not per person.
    If you put some html here, you could create a countdown ticker, but we don't care, we're going in May 2018! Yay!

Aruba since 1979
    if tip is already included, i would say that your additional tips seem on the fair side....
    is there a way that u can find out how much of a tip is included in that $330?

as an addendum, dh and i have decided not to frequent places that include a gratuity already added in. (in our case restaurants)
    we have become annoyed with the irregularities and the fairness in the procedure.

if there is a 15% gratuity added in, no matter what or where........we are not going.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-14-2010 at 11:54 PM.