Aruba Beach

Thread: Special weekend activities?

Special weekend activities?

Hi,
    We arrive in Aruba for the first time on Fri. 9/18. We're very excited! Was wondering if there is anything we should do over the weekend vs. during the week? Or not do on the weekend because it's busier? Some of the things we'd like to do:

Dinner for 20th anniversary at Simply Fish
    Pirates snorkeling tour
    Kuku something nite club tour
    Baby Beach
    Lite house

Any other suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Gayle

Baby beach tends to be busier on the weekends as it is popular with Arubans. The flea market next to the grocery store is something to do on Saturday, though there usually isn't much more there than at the various shops around the island.

activities

I have to agree with Chadd on baby beach being crowded on weekend., GO ON THE WEEKDAY AND BRING A COOLER THAT YOU CAN PURCHASE AT ANY GROCERY STORE AND FILL IT WITH BEVERAGE AND SNACKS AND ON THE WAY THERE STOP AT Subway and pick up the daily special they are having. (Sorry about the caps).
    I also suggest if you are going to San Nicolas Baby Beach than take a tour to some of Aruba's beauty, like Ayo rock formation, stop at the anchor and take pictures. Don't go to caves because I went 2 weeks ago and they are now closed due to people destroying the beauty. There are so many wonderful places to visit especially the ruins next to the natural bridge, great for photographs and a awesome view of the ocean waves.....
    Jolly pirate snorkel cruise is awesomeeeeee....
    Enjoy your vacation...
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Aruba since 1979
    sorry to hear that the caves are now closed due to folks ruining them.

paul had been a few times and enjoyed expedition.
    i on the otherhand would never consider going in and or near the caves.

i am always the 1st to point folks to certain things/expeditions/adventures that i would never consider doing myself (caves, helicopter tour, parasailing, atv tours)

i am wimpish.

and....back to the question

sometimes doing the activities on the weekend is a good choice is because a lot of folks are either leaving aruba or arriving on aruba.

agree with the baby beach (stay away on the weekend) advice.
    also too some of the restaurants are closed on sundays or mondays so make certain that you have your restaurant schedule handy.

light house always has folks, the most crowded time is sunset.

kukukunku tour do NOT do it the night before you go home. aka hangover

jolly pirates is good anytime

leave plenty of time for R & R on the beach and happy hours.

andrea

In all of our trips to the island Fontein cave was closed every time. We did tour Guadirikiri cave and got some great pics from there.

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Smile

>>> "kukukunku tour do NOT do it the night before you go home. aka hangover"
    ---- Ditto! Go the first part of your stay as you do get a small tour of the island.

There is plenty to do on the island, depending how long you have, one thing I like do is the Natural Pool, and Bridge, but most of all relax on the island wonderful beaches.