Aruba Beach

Thread: Submarine Questions

On a lounge chair..In a hut..Somewhere on the beach..

Submarine Questions

I did a search on the forum to try and dig up some opinions of the submarine rides. I found a few things, nothing too recent so I thought I'd ask. Has anyone done it? I know there is the Atlantis, not sure about any others. I am not allowed to snorkel or anything fun basically because I am going on my 4th shoulder reconstructive surgery and my doctor says its out of the question So if I want to see the cool stuff under there, the sub seems to be my only option. We have snorkled several times in Aruba before, and it is lovely. So coming from all of you experts, does it even compare to the actual snorkeling experience? Is it worth the money?
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Aruba since 1979
    my son and husband liked the atlantis sub ride.
    son really really loved it and has been on it in aruba a number of times, also on st thomas and grand cayman.

(disclosure.......my kid is a sub freak, he was on those subs as a young kid and now is a nuke engineer for the dept of defense...u guessed it on nuclear boomers.)

i think it is something that some people would want to try once.
    it is not inexpensive.

snorkeling with shoulder injury........it CAN be done.
    start a new thread in ACTIVITIES/SPORTS for suggestions.

Thanks Andrea! I think it can be done too, I'm just concerned about pain. I may get adventurous while I'm there.
    Your son sounds like a genius, you must be so proud! Thats awesome!!

Aruba since 1979
    thanks
    paul and i are proud.

The sub ride is interesting, though not something I would do more than once. If you have an interest in that kind of stuff, I wouldn't have any problems recommending it. As for your shoulder, you really shouldn't be taxing it when snorkeling or diving. Work on your fin control and you will be able to do just about anything you want with your hands in your pockets.

Thank you Chadd!! I think we are going to do the submarine. And maybe Jolly Pirates, I will get in the water, if I have a problem, I'll get out. Thanks again for your input!

Aruba since 1979
    climbing out of the water....up the ladder onto a boat could be problematic for your shoulder....(big time)
    Quote Originally Posted by arubaislove View Post
    Thank you Chadd!! I think we are going to do the submarine. And maybe Jolly Pirates, I will get in the water, if I have a problem, I'll get out. Thanks again for your input!

Andrea, I didn't even think of that. I guess swinging from the rope is out of the question too. LOL..I may try and get my hubby to pick the one he wants to do and I will sunbathe on the boat. I don't want him to miss out, and I'm too scared I'll end up hurting myself and my trip will be ruined.