Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By AZChris n Bob
  • 1 Post By Sue M.
  • 1 Post By SkiChris

Thread: Sunset Cruise

Sunset Cruise

Has anyone gone on the sunset cruise with De Palm Tour? If so can you give me a review? Thx

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Ah yes, we went. Actually have been twice on Palm Pleasures sunset cruise.
    it was literally all adults
    the first time was quiet on the water, the second a bit choppy. Wore a sundress, big mistake!
    Had to hold dress down.
    drinks flowed.
    Both times the boat wasn't full. Ship holds 100, but maybe both times 40% full.
    Definately enjoyed it!

Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    Has anyone gone on the sunset cruise with De Palm Tour? If so can you give me a review? Thx

Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    We have never done the De Palm sunset cruise but we did the Black Pearl sunset cruise last night. It was our first time but I would definitely do it again next year. It holds only 24, everyone has a lounger to sit on, was all adults and very quiet and relaxing. You leave at 3:30, it makes 2 stops to snorkel and they provide all of the equipment if you don't have your own. They serve watermelon after your first stop, sandwiches after the second and grilled Gouda cheese sandwiches on the way back and of course the drinks flowed. It cost $130.00 for both of us and we docked around 7. Unfortunately it wasn't a very good sunset but so relaxing and enjoyable.

We went on the Black Pearl last year. I would highly recommend it. Albert and Joanne are wonderful. It is a great sunset cruise. The food and drinks were to die for. I snorkeled for the first time and they even had some prescription goggles which were just perfect.

My favorite sunset cruise is the Dolphin from Delphi Watersports ( http://www.delphiwatersports.com/act.../catamaran.htm ). This is nice (newer) catamaran and it is medium sized so it is never too crowded. The boat has a slide off on the back so you can slide from the boat directly into the water and it also has a rope swing. But on a sunset cruise if you'd simply prefer to relax, they have lots of seating, open bar, and lots of tasty snacks to enjoy while you are watching the beautiful sunset. Delphi Watersports operates out of a tent on the beach in front of the Ramada (or I guess that is the Hilton now). You also receive a free "I love Aruba" T-Shirt when you book a cruise on the Dolphin - it's a great deal.

Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    back in 2007 or so we did the Red Sail sunset dinner cruise. Maybe 20 people or so? Catered by Hyatt. Small group, quiet, great views and nice dinner and drinks. White table clothes and all. A little high but for a special occasion well worth it.