Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Super Bowl in Aruba on the Beach?

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    So glad I saw this thread! We fly in just a bit before the game starts! And we are staying at the surf club. I would be wondering what all the craziness was at Moomba.

I am not a football fan by any means but a Boston girl at heart so I will "root" for the Pats of course but will not be watching. I plan to be relaxing after traveling from CT with a 1 yr old! Wish me luck! I may need more than the Patriots!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Quote Originally Posted by ctfirewife-mjn109 View Post
    I am not a football fan by any means but a Boston girl at heart so I will "root" for the Pats of course but will not be watching. I plan to be relaxing after traveling from CT with a 1 yr old! Wish me luck! I may need more than the Patriots!
    Neither am I a football fan, but another CTer rooting for the Pats!!

Have fun on your trip!! Can't wait to read your trip report (and see a pic of Mr. Dylan in his speedo! ).

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA about the speedo! It did cross my mind to find one for him and all the men in our group! A few years ago my husband did surprise everyone by wearing one! But I can say Dylan has more suits than I do and will be the most stylish baby on Marriotts beach!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

The Hyatt has this posted on their FB page, I dare you not to let this make your mouth water

SUPER BOWL EXTRAVAGANZA AT THE HYATT ON PALM BEACH

February 5, 2012, 06:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Kick off starts at 7:30pm

Kick back at kick off while you enjoy a beer bucket and gaze at the really big screen ascending from the surface of the ocean. View the game in the comfort of one of our lounge chairs or have a seat at one of our select beach tables. A special Super Bowl menu has been created for your sporting pleasure.

Super Bowl Menu:
    Home‐style Potato Salad
    Salad Bar
    Chilled Watermelon
    Build your own Burger and Hot Dog Bar
    Traditional Buffalo Wings
    Celery and Carrot Sticks, Blue Cheese and Ranch Dressings
    AFC Special
    NFC Special
    Brownies and Blondies
    Fresh Baked Cookies

Aruba since 1979
    you are KILLIN me
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    The Hyatt has this posted on their FB page, I dare you not to let this make your mouth water

SUPER BOWL EXTRAVAGANZA AT THE HYATT ON PALM BEACH

February 5, 2012, 06:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Kick off starts at 7:30pm

Kick back at kick off while you enjoy a beer bucket and gaze at the really big screen ascending from the surface of the ocean. View the game in the comfort of one of our lounge chairs or have a seat at one of our select beach tables. A special Super Bowl menu has been created for your sporting pleasure.

Super Bowl Menu:
    Home‐style Potato Salad
    Salad Bar
    Chilled Watermelon
    Build your own Burger and Hot Dog Bar
    Traditional Buffalo Wings
    Celery and Carrot Sticks, Blue Cheese and Ranch Dressings
    AFC Special
    NFC Special
    Brownies and Blondies
    Fresh Baked Cookies

Fresh back from Aruba - we did the Hyatt for Superbowl and I would recommend it for someone next year. It was $60 per person for table seating, $100 for lounge chairs. The food was bufffet style and was pretty good for a cookout style set up. The crowd was a lot of fun. The tables reminded us of a wedding reception on the beach. They had 2 screens - one on the water and one in the back so that no matter where you were seated, you had a good view. We were at a table for 10, as a party of 2 we were sat with other people, but that made it more fun than just the 2 of us. We didn't care which team won. There was a mix of Giants/Pats fans. There were waiters for drinks (Buckets were $27) , but we ended up bringing our small bag cooler with beer from the store to save a few bucks. We didn't have to try to hide this and the Hyatt people didn't seem to care - others were doing the same thing.

One thing to note - quite a few people from Playa Linda set up their chairs outside the Hyatt area and enjoyed the same view of the screens as we did - for free. If I had to do it again, I would probably still pay for the Hyatt set up. It was relaxing and fun.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12