Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tackle store aruba

Junior Member ffernandezurdaneta's Avatar
    Hey aerostern!

Well the fishing went i think great for someone who does not have too much idea about the island. I caught 2 pan size mangrove snappers in the spanish lagoon. I also went to the north side of the island but conditions in there for casting and bottom fishing were hard, i almost lost 40 meters of 30 pound mono in there.

I got my rod in the store next to the power plant and it is really close from the spanish lagoon. Maybe the bigger and the one with the bigger variety of tackle and fishing supplies.

Thanks to you all! I will be posting here any news about the fishing or in the other post

Quote Originally Posted by aerostern1# View Post
    yes i will be there next week was also curious...

hey ffernandzurdaneta,the only way to fish the rocks is to use a balloon to keep the bait of the bottom,tight lines

aerostern1#
    i was there first week in jan, brought a retractable rod, i went to the rocks by the wind farm and tried to cast some lures and they all got caught on bottom and when trying to unsnag one the rod shattered lol oh well i did see some guys on the beach by the light house catching small baitfish and sending them out with a ballon, how do you detach the line from the balloon when you are at a good point from shore? i would have asked but we were on quads and my kids wanted to keep riding lol

you don't,when a fish is hooked it can't take it into the rocks with the balloon on,kind of like in the jaws movie when they attach the barrels to the line

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12