Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo party boat vs dinner cruise

I went on the Tattoo a few years ago. It is one big party. It was pretty much all young people. The food is not very good. We had a good time because we like to dance but we wouldn't do it again.

My wife and I did the Tattoo while we were there on our honeymoon last August. My wife is not a dancer and by the end of the night she was dancing and having a great time. As far as the people, there were a lot of young people however there was a good amount of the "older" crowd as well. All got along great with no "issues". We will be going back in January '09 and are still trying to decide if we are going to do it again. Would I?.....Yea, it was a good time...and as you cruise back they open up a water slide and rope swing in the back of the boat....that was pretty funny to watch too....next time I will participate. Overall would give it a 8!!

Thumbs up

We really wanted to do the party boat and I tried booking it online but I guess we should have called first to confirm because we showed up at the dock and they told us it was cancelled! Oh well, they directed us to the DePalm sunset sail and arranged a discount for us to go on that instead. Sailing around the island at sunset is a magical experience. We enjoyed the open bar and even though it wasn't a "party" cruise, we sure had fun on it. Enjoy!
    Can't wait for fun in the sun!

I believe that your original assessment of the two is correct. Party boat is a large party, and the sunset, by no means boring, is more sedate!!

Have fun, You should do both!!!!

I know you've already been on your trip, but I just got back from Aruba last week and had a great time on the Tatoo! The food was good, the staff was friendly, and the bar was top notch. I really liked how the first floor was a fun dance party, but you could go to the uppper decks to sit and relax. The slower music and dance floor on the top champagne deck made for a great romantic evening. Whether your looking for a hopping party or a calmer sort of evening, this boat is awesome!

I was on this boat on my honeymoon back in July and it was awesome! The food was great and the staff was really friendly and accommodating. The boat was full, and the first deck had great music and tons of people dancing. My wife and I got tired towards the end of cruise and retreated up top to the third deck to relax. They served champagne up on that deck, and the candles on the tables and the dance floor were a nice touch. All in all, it was the perfect way to spend the evening!

Aruba since 1979
    i never knew that the TATTOO party boat had a "quiet and relaxing side " candles on the tables on the upper deck! WOW

i learn something new every day on this site.
    andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by ctstrick View Post
    I was on this boat on my honeymoon back in July and it was awesome! The food was great and the staff was really friendly and accommodating. The boat was full, and the first deck had great music and tons of people dancing. My wife and I got tired towards the end of cruise and retreated up top to the third deck to relax. They served champagne up on that deck, and the candles on the tables and the dance floor were a nice touch. All in all, it was the perfect way to spend the evening!

"Third Deck Dining" area w/candles:

I don't know if it still the case, but the Tattoo has been listed for sale for quite a while now: Successful Charter Vessel in Aruba For Sale

NOTE: Please don't take this as an advertisement. I have no stake in the Tattoo and provide the above link for informational purposes only.

I can use some of the tokens

If anyone has any leftover tokens (drink tokens, I believe) that you don't want, I would be interested in them. PM me if you do.

We did the boat a few years back, it was okay. The food was not that great but drinks and dancing were good. We plan to do the bus this year, have not done it yet, heard its a blast. Nice to hear Giovanni is still around. We met him a several years ago when he did some entertaining at our resort.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast