Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Jacki

Thread: Thoughts on Malmok

Thoughts on Malmok

I think we will be doing a Discover Scuba at Malmok this time around. Any thoughts on how good (or bad) it might be? Dive shop says it's a "nursery" of fish and corals (which tells me that there's nothing "outstanding" to see and probably just things you would normally see close to shore while snorkeling? But, everything I read online says it's "awesome" (of course referring to snorkeling).

So, has anyone went there? What are your thoughts? Any pictures to share? Am I going to be bored with what I might see (or lack thereof)?

Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post
    I think we will be doing a Discover Scuba at Malmok this time around. Any thoughts on how good (or bad) it might be? Dive shop says it's a "nursery" of fish and corals (which tells me that there's nothing "outstanding" to see and probably just things you would normally see close to shore while snorkeling? But, everything I read online says it's "awesome" (of course referring to snorkeling).

So, has anyone went there? What are your thoughts? Any pictures to share? Am I going to be bored with what I might see (or lack thereof)?

Please check the video. Not sure where exactly in Aruba, but looks amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGEpcruuXZI

Last edited by GETA62; 07-21-2017 at 05:53 PM.

And this video from Malmok, Boca Catolina beaches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYAKr3Ni7hA

Aruba since 1979
    did u ask the dive shop where you will be diving?

check out the Malmok map" https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ma...!4d-70.0413821

my guess is the catalina cove area

which dive shop?
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post

Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-21-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    Please check the video. Not sure where exactly in Aruba, but looks amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGEpcruuXZI

That place looks amazing! I wish I knew that it was Malmok.

Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    And this video from Malmok, Boca Catolina beaches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYAKr3Ni7hA

That video was awesome!! Hopefully I'll get to see half of what they were able to see. Although I do suspect that this is probably a compilation of several scuba trips and not all seen on the same dive. I can't even imagine getting that lucky on one dive. Hopefully I'll get to see a lot there.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    did u ask the dive shop where you will be diving?

check out the Malmok map" https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ma...!4d-70.0413821

my guess is the catalina cove area

which dive shop?
    Yes, we are diving at Malmok, which is the reason I ask about others possibly diving there and what it's like. ("doing a Discover Scuba at Malmok").

I do know where it's located and everything...just wanting to hear from people that have actually dove in that area to get an idea. The video posted above looks like it's full of life and a lot of interesting things...but the dive shop made it sound like you would only see "nursery" things in the area i.e. small fish and corals. That video above is probably taken a lot deeper than we will go of course. Maybe that's why they were able to see more.

We decided to go with Aqua Windies. They have had excellent communication back and forth and I like what they are offering. Thanks SO much for the suggestion. You're so helpful Andrea.

Aruba since 1979
    we have gone diving there 5 or 6 times.........a few times at the antilla and a few times in catalina cove.
    it is good diving, with lots to see.
    we have snorkeled there lots and early in the day before the snorkel botas arrive it is terrific.

one cannot go wrong with aqua windies.

malmok is section/neighborhood of aruba.....the dive sites are cataliana, catalina cove , arashi etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we have gone diving there 5 or 6 times.........a few times at the antilla and a few times in catalina cove.
    it is good diving, with lots to see.
    we have snorkeled there lots and early in the day before the snorkel botas arrive it is terrific.

one cannot go wrong with aqua windies.

malmok is section/neighborhood of aruba.....the dive sites are cataliana, catalina cove , arashi etc.
    When I look up Malmok on google earth, it shows that it is further down than those listed above. At the end is Arashi, then Catalina, then Boca Catalina, then Tres Trapies, then Malmok on down. Is this not correct? They said we would dive at the Malmok wall with their words of description as "we will dive along a ‘wall’ with plenty of small corals and young marine life (underwater nursery)."

That is what is making me think it's nothing major when they say small corals and fish. The "wall" part kinda scares me as well. All "walls" scare me for some reason. We went to a wall in Curacao and it kinda freaked me out. My daughter is fearless and will hang out over one.

i believe malmok is from lighthouse to the ritz

This is what I see on Google Earth.

Thoughts on Malmok-malmok.jpg

My thoughts? It's beautiful!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ