Aruba Beach

Thread: Tipping on the Jolly Pirate??

Tipping on the Jolly Pirate??

Do we have to tip on the Jolly Pirate outside of the bartender? One of our friends said he spent $50 just on tipping!?!? Personally, I dont think we should have to tip anyone but the bartender, but then again not to sure what else goes on the ship.

I think it's safe to say just use common sense - as with anything if someone goes out of their way, throwing a few extra dollars their way is a great way to show your appreciation
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I think your friend went overboard in tipping. $50 is to to much.

We tipped 10% of what we paid for the three of us. The guys do work hard.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Tip on you way OFF the boat....

Thanks for the info guys, I think that 10 percent is fair, thats the answer I was HOPING to hear haha. I will definitly tip that on the way OFF the boat on top of the drinks

They put a small tip jar at the end of the trip as you step out of the boat. The tips are equally divided to everyone who worked on the boat that day. You can tip what you feel is worth it. Some people tip $20 some 10$.

We tip.
    Bear in mind that during the cruise, the crew will be assisting you, from serving food, providing snorkeling advice, help with the rope swing and entertaining.

Smile

Hi Reg, Lisa and Scoob!
    Right again!
    Yes, there is a tip jar as you leave the ship.
    The jp crew sets up the ship together and works together as a team and share their tips. imo they earn great tips - for their great service. You can tip at your own discretion and with what you feel comfortable with- or not at all for that matter. A $50 tip for a family who had a great day is not uncommon- a few dollars is also appreciated as well. It's all good! In fact the Capt sometimes makes the joke that if you didn't like the crew, you can take some money out of the tip jar when the crew isn't looking.
    Have a great trip!

the crew was amazing with my mom who had never snorkled before and was afraid. Those guys worked hard and deserved every bit of their tip!

Of course there was another sail where my husband lost his wedding band and the amazing crew helped us look and stayed at the site longer than anticipated to allow us time to find it!

We'll be back sailing w/ JP in just 2 short weeks! I can't wait!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ