Aruba Beach

Thread: Tips for charter fishing crew? Half Day!

Tips for charter fishing crew? Half Day!

What would a proper tip be for a half day charter fishing crew?

Smile

Just like when you gom out to eat. 15 or 20 percent of the cost. Thats if they were good and did their job.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

So, a $300 trip, tip $60?

In my opinion for a half day $10-20 per guy on the boat (we had two). If fish are really biting and the guys are working extra hard, then maybe more. I need to stress I wouldn't base the tip on how the fish bite, but if the guys are busy and working to constantly bait the lines and pull in fish, they should get a little extra.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Here is one tip

Make sure the captain of the boat, is actually going to be taking you out. We made a reservation with a charter and the captain, and we got the boat, but we had a different captain. The captain/owner must rent the boat out on his days off.

here is my problem, 1. we went with this boat and captain, because of his reputation, and he was a person, many gave us to use. 2. If you take days off and plan on renting your boat out, let the charters know this, before they rent a trip, with you. 3.The captain didn't talk much, and it led to a boring time and a not so great fishing trip. I got more talk out of the first mate, and he wasn't exactly trying to stir up conversation. He was doing his job.

just my opinion.

Another tip to think about too. Ask upfront who gets the fish. I can understand if you catch some big fish, the boat gets the most. Some boats are 20% to you the rest to the boat, crew and capt. If you only catch one or two small ones and want to feed friends and family at your resort it can be a concern. You pay for the boat and tip the crew and go home with a filet of fish? A friendly conversation before you go out saves some hurt feelings later.
    Sean and Susan
    P.S please let us know how you did and good luck!