• 1 Post By Arubalisa
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa
  • 2 Post By SkiChris
  • 1 Post By wannagoback
  • 1 Post By Aruba-Mark

Thread: Tranquilo sail

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Tranquilo sail

Can someone give me some personal experience info on the Tranquillo sail.
    # on board, food, booze, stops, crew

not sure if we want to do a cruise just the two of us or wait and do a private sail with family later.

Aruba since 1979
    my experience was in 2008 or 9, but was awesome.

when we were were on board the tranquilo, there were probably a total of 8 and 2 employees....(anthony and his helper)

the food was delicious, split pea soup and sandwiches and fruit and plenty of liquid refreshments.

it was a terrific experience.

we sailed to the mangel halto area, and the snorkeling was terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Can someone give me some personal experience info on the Tranquillo sail.
    # on board, food, booze, stops, crew

not sure if we want to do a cruise just the two of us or wait and do a private sail with family later.

Cindy... I Have done the trip numerous times. It's a great time. You sail from downtown to an area called the Spanish Lagoon. There is a dock there and Captain Anthony has the lease rights to that dock so no ther boats can be there. You'll snorkel just on the other side of the dock in shallow water for a while. Then, for those that want to do it, there is a drift snorkel. Anthony takes you out on a dinghy and you float behind him with current in deeper water. After that, lunch is served which consists of sandwiches and Dutch pea soup. On the way back, they throw up the sails and drop a couple fishing rods off the back. If you are lucky, they'll catch something and you'll get to watch them reel it in! It's a good time and I recommend it for sure!

We've snorkeled with Captain Anthony three times now and have been on board with anywhere between 9 and 23 people. With the number of people in your family I am sure you could easily charter the entire boat. For Christmas I would book it now.

Well worth the expense for a relaxing day on the water and the snorkeling is pretty darn great too!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    You guys going Dec??
    want to book a private tour with us?
    just throwing it out there.
    [

QUOTE=Arubalisa;276203]We've snorkeled with Captain Anthony three times now and have been on board with anywhere between 9 and 23 people. With the number of people in your family I am sure you could easily charter the entire boat. For Christmas I would book it now.

Well worth the expense for a relaxing day on the water and the snorkeling is pretty darn great too!
    [/QUOTE]

I will be perfectly honest. We would love to join you however I think the price of a private charter would be more than we can afford at this time.

I'll join in on the rave reviews for Tranquillo and Captain Anthony. Aruba-Mark provided an excellent description of the tour. I did the drift snorkel and really enjoyed it. Captain Anthony is wonderful company and he has a true passion for sailing and nautical history. I have chartered Tranquillo for private tours (we usually travel with 8-10 friends and book the entire boat) and I've also joined a public tour once - all were very enjoyable. The Tranquillo is often featured in Aruba Travel videos (due to its bright red color) so I always find it fun to watch a video or see a magazine cover about Aruba and say "I was on that boat".

The Traquillo was the best snorkeling boat. This year I will take some dramamine so I can go out on the drift tour. Captain Anthony warned that if you get sea sick you should not go on the drift.

Very true on the drift snorkel. We brought some friends with us last October and went on this trip. We've gone numerous times on the boat but this was our friends first trip to Aruba. She had no idea that she would get sea sick. The entire boat trip back she was hugging a bucket that Capt Anthony gave her. She made it back to land and the hotel. Once inside the room.... she puked on and off for 90 minutes.