Aruba Beach

Thread: Tranquilo sunset cruise

Tranquilo sunset cruise

Hello, we are vacationing on Aruba at the moment and I would like to share our experiences on this forum.
    We booked a private sunset cruise on Tranquilo with Capt. Anthony. I felt the trip was interesting, but not worth the money. We had to pay $50 per person (group of 10), for a 2 hour trip. We left from the Palm pier around 5 pm for a half hour trip towards the Lighthouse. We stopped for some snorkeling for approximately 1 hour and had another half hour trip back.
    We were back before the sun had set. We did have free drinks for everyone, but the cheese and fruit platter consisted of a few pieces of cheese with pineapple chunks on top and some crackers.
    Overall I feel a trip like this is not worth $500,00.

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    Wow! I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We had originally booked with Tranquillo but I read that they sometimes overbook and you can't get a seat. It was very important that we had seats for the entire ride for my in-laws. We decided to try the Black Pearl...yes the Black Pearl! and it was fabulous. Everyone had a semi-reclined, padded lounger for the whole trip (around 4 hours long). There was an open bar, fresh fruit and two types of sandwiches that were excellent. Albert, Joanne and Anton were most kind and friendly to everyone...and remembered everyone by name. Many of the others on the trip were repeat customers, and they spoke very highly of the hosts. We will definitely do this again next year.

I will remember that for a next time. Yesterday we did a day trip with the Jolly Pirates (two families a party of 10). We were really pleased. The crew was entertaining. The snorkel sites were interesting. So much better then our experience last week.
    Last edited by king; 08-05-2010 at 09:59 AM. Reason: editing

Snorkel Cruises

That's really too bad about the Tranquilo. Another forum member had highly recommended it to me or the Octopus. She said that they took extra time for inexperienced divers (like me, I can't really swim) and would be my best bets. I have also read about the Black Pearl, Strea Charters, Mi Dushi and Red Sail Sports. With so many choices and differing opinions, it can get really overwhelming and confusing for a newbie.

I was going to contact Tranquilo but now I'm thinking not. Perhaps I will try Black Pearl?

The nice thing about forums like this is you can get to know people a little bit and then it's just a matter of choosing the advice from people most like you. Or doing exactly the opposite of people least like you.

The problem with getting so much advice is knowing what is really good advice for you and what is just people recounting their likes and dislikes.

Where does Black Pearl leave from?

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    The BP leaves from the pier behind the Marriott Surf Club.

Quote Originally Posted by amarg View Post
    I can't really swim) and would be my best bets.
    Although we have had 2 excellent experiences on Tranquilo I really could not recommend it for someone who doe not swim. They do not provide floatation and snorkel in the open ocean on the outside of the barrier island.