Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Trikes Aruba Tour

Trikes Aruba Tour

Has anybody done the Trikes Aruba tour? All the reviews say it's an excellent way to see the island and a fun day. Looks a little pricey, but sure looks like fun...

banchi

Never take life too seriously...you'll never get out of it alive!!

Aruba since 1979
    check out Mazoo's last posting in this thread.
    he did it! Mazoo 4th to 14th
    Quote Originally Posted by banchi View Post
    Has anybody done the Trikes Aruba tour? All the reviews say it's an excellent way to see the island and a fun day. Looks a little pricey, but sure looks like fun...

banchi

Andrea J..."paul and i are always talking about a trike tour and then , chicken out "...you chickened out?!?!? I find that hard to believe!! So, are you going to give it a try??? It looks like fun!!

Aruba since 1979
    every time we go we talk about it.....we are doing a bit of packing today and i bet the subject will come up
    it is good to know that there is no shifting...that they are have automatics.

yup, i in particular have chickened out a lot over the last couple of years.
    2 years ago,i took a real bad fall and was dragged by my leased horse and have become very "cautious" about lots of things.

very unlike me.....
    Andrea J..."paul and i are always talking about a trike tour and then , chicken out "...you chickened out?!?!? I find that hard to believe!! So, are you going to give it a try??? It looks like fun!!

Yikes!! Well, like they say...time to get back on that horse!!

banchi

We have done the Trikes the last two years! We love it. I'm a pretty nervous person but they make it so much fun! This year we had a private tour since there was 18 of us! They did an amazing job! Everyone in our group loved it

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    every time we go we talk about it.....we are doing a bit of packing today and i bet the subject will come up
    it is good to know that there is no shifting...that they are have automatics.

yup, i in particular have chickened out a lot over the last couple of years.
    2 years ago,i took a real bad fall and was dragged by my leased horse and have become very "cautious" about lots of things. very unlike me.....
    Andrea, this is totally off the trike subject but when you mentioned taking a fall and being dragged by a horse I had to write a short story.....
    I have always been one of those folks that can be talked or dared into almost anything, I am(was) braver and brainless sometimes....so a few years ago I flipped a quad here at home, was in heart unit in hospital for a week because I broke all ribs on one side and they were concerned I might have bruised my heart...
    long story short I at that point realized I was no longer immortal (age...ya know)....and now I am the biggest weiney you have ever met !!
    On trip to Aruba in November after crash we rented quads to go to natural pool (have done it so many times...) got to first hill and I froze and started crying. My niece told me it was 1/2 the steepness of the one I crashed on but that didn't do a thing for my piece of mind...my friend's Dh walked down hill, took quad up, I walked up and got back on quad... he did it the whole trip, every hill or scary (for me) part......
    So, I feel your pain...if the trike trip panics you it will not be fun....snorkel on a booze cruise instead !!!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    i remember that accident that you had!
    it was scary and you were severly injured.

we need a weenie club , where we just sit around and tell of our past adventures and drink

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Andrea, this is totally off the trike subject but when you mentioned taking a fall and being dragged by a horse I had to write a short story.....
    I have always been one of those folks that can be talked or dared into almost anything, I am(was) braver and brainless sometimes....so a few years ago I flipped a quad here at home, was in heart unit in hospital for a week because I broke all ribs on one side and they were concerned I might have bruised my heart...
    long story short I at that point realized I was no longer immortal (age...ya know)....and now I am the biggest weiney you have ever met !!
    On trip to Aruba in November after crash we rented quads to go to natural pool (have done it so many times...) got to first hill and I froze and started crying. My niece told me it was 1/2 the steepness of the one I crashed on but that didn't do a thing for my piece of mind...my friend's Dh walked down hill, took quad up, I walked up and got back on quad... he did it the whole trip, every hill or scary (for me) part......
    So, I feel your pain...if the trike trip panics you it will not be fun....snorkel on a booze cruise instead !!!!!!

Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    I've been doing the Trikes for a number of years since it's the only place my wife will let me ride. Back here in States there is a saying "it's not if your going to get into an accident, it's when" pretty safe ride in Aruba. Now with then having automatics everyone can handle them. It took me a about a half an hour to get used to the automatic, since I know what the third pedals for (missed the shifting). Nice tour--if you do it do the morning run if possible (cooler). Down through Palm Beach, Eagle Beach with a photo op, through downtown to Zeerovers and Mango Halto, through back roads to Alto Vista and Lighthouse. Every time we stopped all the bus tours, safari tours, etc. came over and took pictures of the trikes. Runs about three hours and worth it.

Trikes Aruba Tour-trikes-aruba.jpg

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    We did the Trikes tour twice, it is tons and tons of fun. My hubby drove the Trike I was his passenger. You have to try it you will love it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast