Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tubing Aruba

Tubing Aruba

I took a trip to Aruba in February and it was great. I stayed in the Riu on Palm Beach, and it was the best resort I have ever been to! Well anyway, I went tubing next to the pier and it was awesome! He was going so fast that sometimes we hit a 2 ft. wave, and we flew 6 ft. in the air, and back flipped off of the tube. It has been the best vacation experience I have ever had! I would highly suggest tubing in Aruba.

Glad to hear you had so much fun tubing! Although, keep in mind it can also can be very dangerous. I had the very opposite experience in 2009 with tubing in Aruba. The driver was going so fast, hit a wave, that I flew off and ended up with bruised ribs, bruised stomach (so bad I got nauseous for months after I ate because of it), injured disks in neck and sprained ankle where I was in a boot for 6 weeks afterÖ.followed by a few months of physical therapy. Not to mention the nightly nightmares of what happened.

I donít mean to sound like such a downer but sometimes a vacation seems like the best time to try out something new. All Iím saying is to be vigilant and donít make rash decisions. Make sure the person/company you are going through is reputable and has a good safety record. Most do in Aruba. The person I went through did not nor did he belong to a company of any sort. That should have been a red-flag right there.

The warning is a good one!

A few days ago a tubing boat was going very fast and hit the Arusun catamaran moored off the beach at the Radisson. It was very very fortunate that no one was injured and the only damage was to the boats.

Our dd declined a tubing trip this year out of concerns of the driver going too fast.

I noticed how fast they were going this year too. Seems much faster than the last years. I saw a lot of people being thrown out of the tube, but maybe that is the thrill? But the water was so crowded with boats--people--and other "tubers". I don't know maybe it was just me, but this year it just didn't look safe.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    The warning is a good one!

A few days ago a tubing boat was going very fast and hit the Arusun catamaran moored off the beach at the Radisson. It was very very fortunate that no one was injured and the only damage was to the boats.

Our dd declined a tubing trip this year out of concerns of the driver going too fast.

the water sports are very dangerous, jet skis, and tubing, the worse.
    i could share many horror story's, i'm good friend's with a few owners on palm beach, still don't trust their water sport's, no insurance, driving while impaired, etc etc. my family will never trust the water sport's.

Aruba since 1979
    i have a problem signing a waiver with the words "injury and or death."

Tubing, not a chance.
    Banana boat........absolutely.
    Parasailing............have done it, loved it, scared to death, still loved it.........unsure if i would do it again?!

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    My friend and I went tubing the first time I went to Aruba, probably about 7 or 8 years ago.

Never again. The young driver loved the young, female tourists so he drove WAY to fast. And I felt like I was getting an "enema" from the water. I couldn't tell if the water on my face was from the waves or the tears of fear! I remember thinking that I just wanted it to end.

My husband and I do rent jet skis though. The first time, he went a bit too fast too and jumped alot of waves but has calmed down in his old age hehehe or most importantly from the hearing loss from me screaming in his ear. We actually tipped it the first time, close to the dock, and into the drink we went. Laughing the whole time though. He pulled me back on to the jet ski and LUCKILY there was no damage we had to pay for.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Anyone who read these other peoples warnings and fears, pay no attention to them, they go very fast but that is part of the fun, just give it a try and you will love, after all i went 3 times and nothing bad happened at all.

Aruba since 1979
    when gong tubing, or parasailing or atving or horseback riding there is some risk and all folks should be aware.

onehappytraveler, folks here respectfully give their opinions and their thoughts, respectfully. (following the rules set forth by the aruba tourism authority)
    your comments "anyone who read these other peoples warnings and fears, pay no attention......" is disrespectful and is not in the spirit of the forum.

QUOTE=onehappyislander;220932]Anyone who read these other peoples warnings and fears, pay no attention to them, they go very fast but that is part of the fun, just give it a try and you will love, after all i went 3 times and nothing bad happened at all.[/QUOTE]

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    There is no way in God's green earth that I would subject myself to tubing in Aruba...yes, I am at chicken....I have watched those boat drivers race around and I have no desire to be thrown in any direction.....I know others have had the time of their lives.....my kids have done that banana boat thingy and loved it, me, I watched in horror.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast