from member GRETCH from a previous trip report

Small mishap, although fantastic trip
Hi all,

Just got back on Sunday from 2 fabulous weeks in Aruba. Stayed at LaCabana. The construction was a pain because of the detours we had to take but noise was not an issue at all.

Tried Pizza Bob’s for the first time and I have to say it’s the best pizza I’ve ever had!!

I miss my Amstel Brights already…..seriously!

Went to the Butterfly Farm for the first time, I think I enjoyed it more than my children did!

One little mishap. I had a little tubing accident on Saturday. It was one of those 2-seater tube things that gets pulled by a speed boat. Everything was fine until the end, I thought he was done whipping us around (because he told us he was) so I didn’t have a good grasp of the handles and I went flying off. I hit the water hard, it felt like concrete. I remember crashing down on my stomach but friends and people on the beach said I spun around about 3 times or so. Let’s just say it was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. Thankfully I had a life jacket on because once I stopped flying around, I not only could not move, I could not breath. I got the wind knocked out of me and I was gasping for breath. My breathing regulated somewhat and the boat came back for me although I was in some serious pain. There was no way I could climb back in the boat so a few people helped me swim to shore. Four days later I’m in some serious pain…bruised my ribs, stomach, did something to my neck (most likely whiplash because the CT scan showed no bleed) and I’m in a boot for my severely sprained ankle. I really don’t know why I even got on it in the first place….my husband gently reminded me that I’m not 20 anymore. All I can say is thank God I didn’t break my neck, or worse.

Other than that the trip was wonderful and I can’t wait for next October!!