Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Turtle hatching

I thought there were concerns about the Ritz impacting turtle nesting.

Awesome video thanks for sharing. I have witnessed two hatchings while on the beach. One at Eagle Beach by Costa Linda 2 years ago during a wedding and everyone of the 40 guests litterally ran to the hatching and of course I had to take pics of the bride and groom and then we headed back to the ceremony to get their blessing finished. It was a cool thing to watch and yes Chad is right no flash photography. Another hatching was by Amsterdam Manor and it was later after sunset and the Tortuga people were nervous because the street lights were already on and it confused the babies. This past weekend we were at Arashi and they to have a nest and we thought it was that evening because people were all around it but nothing happened. I will check tomorrow to see if the barricade is still there. If you have never watched one it is a sight to see.
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Munzenhofer View Post
    Awesome video thanks for sharing. I have witnessed two hatchings while on the beach. One at Eagle Beach by Costa Linda 2 years ago during a wedding and everyone of the 40 guests litterally ran to the hatching and of course I had to take pics of the bride and groom and then we headed back to the ceremony to get their blessing finished. It was a cool thing to watch and yes Chad is right no flash photography. Another hatching was by Amsterdam Manor and it was later after sunset and the Tortuga people were nervous because the street lights were already on and it confused the babies. This past weekend we were at Arashi and they to have a nest and we thought it was that evening because people were all around it but nothing happened. I will check tomorrow to see if the barricade is still there. If you have never watched one it is a sight to see.
    The Costa Linda is where I stay. There are always 3 to 6 nests there every year when I arrive, and 1 or 2 when I leave. Most of them hatch without my being there. But I've gotten lucky a few times. The year of the hurricanes (2 years ago I think) the nests were destroyed (along with much of the beach). But I guess this is part of nature and the nests were back the following year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12