Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unpleasant Bob's Snorkeling email messages

Banned

Unpleasant Bob's Snorkeling email messages

I contacted Bob's Snorkeling having heard they did good excursions. I explained my situation and the dates in December I would be there. I got back a response saying they had a group dive planned the very next morning after out late arrival. The email seemed odd as I have done other dive tour packages, it suggested men shave their beards as well as a few other things, questioned if I felt I was up to the task of swimming in big swells and seas that might be present.

I wrote back that the day they were suggesting would not work for me and I said maybe they would have a dive later in the week I was there, maybe I should check back in a week or 2; this is mid October and we aren't going to Aruba until December 10th. I also said if it would not work for a group dive maybe I could pay extra for a private dive. I pointed out I was PADI scuba certified several years ago and had pretty good experience even in semi strong currents and windy waters.

I got back a curt response saying that was the only dive planned for the week and private dives were for 2 people only. Talk about rude! I thought by the week of the 10th they would be getting ready for high season and would be willing to schedule some more dives.

Learned my lesson. I've snorkeled Arashi, Malmock, Baby and a few others, even the outside of the private Marriott island near the airport so I guess I can do it again. Oh well, there are plenty of beaches and reefs and good waters and other companies if I choose to go that route.

Maybe it was the delivery. I have to say it is a good tour and we really enjoyed it. I think sometimes their emails come off as harsh but they really just want to give everyone a good experience. The shaving thing has to do with the suction you can get on the mask, which is harder with a mustache.
    They ask about experience and comfort in the water because they take out small groups. In my group one of the ladies had a little fear, so one of the guides had to stay focused solely on her for part of the trip. The rest of us were fine, but if more than one person would have struggled, it would be hard for the guides to give the rest of the group the proper attention. I think they just like Frank, honest opinions about levels of experience up front so they can give their guests all the best experience possible.

I understand how important a first impression is, but it really is a good tour with great service and pictures provided and included in the price.

Aruba since 1979
    that is so very UNLIKE ArubaBob's Snorkeling.

I have had only good experiences and will direct Kent and or Stuart to this thread.
    I am sure it is a miscommunication/misunderstanding.
    Rude is something that is NOT synonymous for them.

They DO take safety very seriously especially because the area where they snorkel has strong currents on occasion.

QUOTE=Chrisinhouston;305728]I contacted Bob's Snorkeling having heard they did good excursions. I explained my situation and the dates in December I would be there. I got back a response saying they had a group dive planned the very next morning after out late arrival. The email seemed odd as I have done other dive tour packages, it suggested men shave their beards as well as a few other things, questioned if I felt I was up to the task of swimming in big swells and seas that might be present.

I wrote back that the day they were suggesting would not work for me and I said maybe they would have a dive later in the week I was there, maybe I should check back in a week or 2; this is mid October and we aren't going to Aruba until December 10th. I also said if it would not work for a group dive maybe I could pay extra for a private dive. I pointed out I was PADI scuba certified several years ago and had pretty good experience even in semi strong currents and windy waters.

I got back a curt response saying that was the only dive planned for the week and private dives were for 2 people only. Talk about rude! I thought by the week of the 10th they would be getting ready for high season and would be willing to schedule some more dives.

Learned my lesson. I've snorkeled Arashi, Malmock, Baby and a few others, even the outside of the private Marriott island near the airport so I guess I can do it again. Oh well, there are plenty of beaches and reefs and good waters and other companies if I choose to go that route.[/QUOTE]

I thought I would let you guys read the"Odd" email Kyra sent.

"I’m afraid that morning is the only group tour we have scheduled at this time for the week. For private tours, the minimum number of people we take for those is 2. I can add your name to the wait list, and if we get another group tour going out later that week, I can let you know?
    For wetsuits, that water temperature in December is around 78 degrees farienhit (sometimes a little warmer and sometimes colder). Some people do fine, others want to rent the shorty wetsuit from us. Either is fine ��
    Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    I’m afraid that morning is the only group tour we have scheduled at this time for the week. For private tours, the minimum number of people we take for those is 2. I can add your name to the wait list, and if we get another group tour going out later that week, I can let you know?
    For wetsuits, that water temperature in December is around 78 degrees farienhit (sometimes a little warmer and sometimes colder). Some people do fine, others want to rent the shorty wetsuit from us. Either is fine ��
    Please let me know if you have any other questions."

December is our busiest month of the year! Some people just don't get that we are only small and fill up quickly! But I guess we cant please people like this!

Happy snorkeling Folks.

Stuart @ Aruba Bob. (I edited it a little just to make it a little clearer what Kyra wrote, I did not remove or add anything apart from my Name)
    Last edited by fanchthang; 10-14-2016 at 09:29 AM.

I thought the reply was good up till the part about "Some people just don't get we are only a small quickly! But I guess we cant please people like this! I hate when people use !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fanchthang View Post
    "I’m afraid that morning is the only group tour we have scheduled at this time for the week. For private tours, the minimum number of people we take for those is 2. I can add your name to the wait list, and if we get another group tour going out later that week, I can let you know?
    I’m afraid that morning is the only group tour we have scheduled at this time for the week. For private tours, the minimum number of people we take for those is 2. I can add your name to the wait list, and if we get another group tour going out later that week, I can let you know?

December is our busiest month of the year! Some people just don't get that we are only small and fill up quickly! But I guess we cant please people like this!

Happy snorkeling Folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisinhouston View Post
    I contacted Bob's Snorkeling having heard they did good excursions. I explained my situation and the dates in December I would be there. I got back a response saying they had a group dive planned the very next morning after out late arrival. The email seemed odd as I have done other dive tour packages, it suggested men shave their beards as well as a few other things, questioned if I felt I was up to the task of swimming in big swells and seas that might be present.

Learned my lesson. I've snorkeled Arashi, Malmock, Baby and a few others, even the outside of the private Marriott island near the airport so I guess I can do it again. Oh well, there are plenty of beaches and reefs and good waters and other companies if I choose to go that route.
    Who were you emailing with? We found them all pleasant and fun. Some of them are Dutch - could it be a language thing? Emails can be easily misconstrued. Did you talk to them on the phone at all?

Aruba since 1979
    FYI forum member FNACHTHANG is one of the co-owners .

I can see where the last 2 sentences may have left a bad taste in Chrisinhouston's mouth.
    I am sure that Kyra, did not intend for it to be snarky. (and that is sort of how it came across)
    Kyra is a great girl and her dad Kent is a real gentleman.
    I am certain that it was not intended to be rude or snarky.

Unfortunately with email and the internet and communications ....we all usually miss the tone, the inflections, the smiles etc when we are communicate by typing.
    So very important to be precise and accurate in our typing. We need to add smilies if necessary.

Chrisinhouston, please give ArubaBob a 2nd chance.

He

Quote Originally Posted by fanchthang View Post

Happy snorkeling Folks.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-14-2016 at 08:35 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    i am hoping kent replies too

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I thought the reply was good up till the part about "Some people just don't get we are only a small quickly! But I guess we cant please people like this! I hate when people use !!!!
    I am pretty sure the response to the customer ended with the quote and the some people just don't get it was just part of the forum response to the posts here.

We did this tour once, and have great respect for the business owners and employees. I can't say enough good things. My advice to someone wanting to do this tour, book early to get the dates you want. There is good reason this tour fills up fast.

Aruba since 1979
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...eta_Aruba.html
    Arubabob snorkeling reviews on trip advisor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast