Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Unusual/Unpopular activities

Aruba since 1979

Unusual/Unpopular activities

Do any of you participate in unusual or unpopular (off the beaten path) activities while in Aruba?

We have done the Shark Teeth Hill expedition which was totally unusual as well as cemetary tours.
    Our son did a hiking expedition with Eddy Croes (sensitive hikers aruba) again which was unusual.

What have YOU done that was a "little off the mark?"
    Andrea

Aruba since 1979
    My husband just reminded me that a few (maybe 10) years ago, we visited the orphanage and brought M&Ms and About 30 Beany Babies for the kids.
    That was again, an unusual event.

We haven't done it but highly unusual is Eddy Croes'

"Moonlight Walk
    If you’ve ever wondered what Aruba’s night life is really like, join us on our Moonlight Walk.
    Every month, during the evenings when the moon is full or nearly full, Aruba Sensitive Hikers embarks on a trip through the cunucu when the moon is shining brightly throughout the island.
    See curious shapes formed by the shadows of cacti and rocks as the moon’s light shines down from above.
    If the timing is right, you may just hear the hoot of the Shoco – a species of burrowing owl found only in Aruba.
    This is truly a unique experience with nature that you won’t soon forget. To find out when the next Moonlight Walk is scheduled, click here or send an email to mail@sensitivehikers.com."

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    My husband just reminded me that a few (maybe 10) years ago, we visited the orphanage and brought M&Ms and About 30 Beany Babies for the kids.
    Andrea, does the orphange still exsist? This is the first I have every heard of it...now thats something I would be interested in knowing about and doing something for.

Aruba since 1979
    the name of the orphanage is Casa Cuna

paul and i are sitting here trying to remember where it is located.
    when we were there last, we went with "vincent the limbo dancer" ...anyone remember vincent??? vincent drove us there and for the life of us we cannot remember where it was located.

let me do some inquiring.
    maybe sherry at the vabb knows.
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    WOW!!! Reading this just made my day! (or night at this point) What a really nice, awsome, caring thing for you and your husband to do. Where's the "pat on the back" smiley when you need it?

Aruba since 1979
    we thought it was a nice thing to do but we got the idea form our friend vincent
    we would never have thought of it on our own.

they were thankful and very nice and boy o boy it did not look like any kind of orphanage that i had "envisoned". it was a very pleasant nice place.

not that i could (i am too old and too impatient) but i wonder if adoptions of aruban children by americans are easier than adoptions of american children here in this country?

anyway you look at it.......world wide..............so many kids and not enough loving families.

and in particular we have at least 2 LOVING wonderful sets of adoptive parents that are members of this forum. a real gift of love and devotion and generosity. those 2 sets of moms and dads deserve the real pat on the back.
    andrea

Casa Cuna
    Pos Chiquito
    4 Zn
    585-7177
    Facsimile 585-3010

Aruba since 1979
    thanks!

Andrea that is the nicest thing...you are very sweet to be so considerate of children less fortunate...maybe it is something we can do also..will try to think of something special...
    with that being said,,,,you know my unusual something has to be weird right >>>>well here goes....
    One day we were hitting the bar pretty heavy and decided to drive around and see what kind of bars were out there...more to find a pool table and interact with some local folks...found a bar and a pool table and got to talking with a fellow...told us we HAD to visit Alcapulco (sp?) ...so we had just enough heinekens in us to be up for anything,,,,followed him up to one of the water towers and just sat and looked out over the island.......IT WAS AWESOME !!!! He told us the locals go there for new years eve to watch the fireworks because you can see the entire island.....last year we headed up there again (sober this time) and once again it takes your breath away.....so that's my story and I'm sticking to it !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast