Aruba Beach

Thread: UTV/ATV questions

UTV/ATV questions

I am wondering about renting either one of these(ATV/UTV) if we have no real experience riding one. Now I have no desire to be a driver but I am sure my husband would love to be the driver. We could do a tour but they all seem to go to the natural pool and I am not comfortable enough of a swimmer to go there( and I would be that one woman screeching in fear on the trek down). So my question is if we want to do a self guided tour - not going to natural pool is it OKto rent one of these vehicles or should we stick to a car?

There are some companies that offer tours through Arikok and not always to the Natural Pool. That may be an option?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    great question.
    i ALWAYS recommend an organized tour like ABC or Arias' sunshine tour.

i look forward to reading the replies.

take the $ earmarked for the tour and go shopping instead

Quote Originally Posted by Jayshea View Post
    I am wondering about renting either one of these(ATV/UTV) if we have no real experience riding one. Now I have no desire to be a driver but I am sure my husband would love to be the driver. We could do a tour but they all seem to go to the natural pool and I am not comfortable enough of a swimmer to go there( and I would be that one woman screeching in fear on the trek down). So my question is if we want to do a self guided tour - not going to natural pool is it OKto rent one of these vehicles or should we stick to a car?

If you have no desire to drive, I recommend the UTV. That's what we did so my husband could get the off-ride driving experience, and I got to go along without the stress of driving or holding on to his back. It's a more comfortable ride, and you can easy have a conversation with the driver. You also have a cover to provide some sun protection. We rented from George's Cycles twice, and they advise you not to go to the natural pool. We still had a blast driving all over the island, and through the park to explore caves and beaches. Its possible to do the whole island in a day. These can be driven on the street and they do have seatbelts.
    There are several companies that rent, most around competitively priced with each other in the $200 range (haven't looked at that in a while). George's Cycles picks up and takes you to their location, and drives you back. Their equipment is well maintained.

If you can drive a car, or golf cart, you can drive a UTV

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    We did the atv tour our around 15 years ago, my husband drove I was his passenger. Tons of fun, we did not go to Natural Pool, went to the other side of the island where the natural bridge was as well as other landmarks. I cannot remember the name of the place but do remember it had horseback riding as well, I want to say the name was something like "Nos???Ranchos ??? Did the morning tour as a small group and guide was great.