Aruba Beach

Thread: Volunteer work

Volunteer work

We have visited Aruba about 6 times already and love it. After reading about the volunteer vacations, we are excited to have a way to give back to the island. How would we go about signing up? (Donkey sanctuary and beach clean up seem rewarding) We will be there for 10 days in July.

Depending on what you want to do, there is Lizzardo on this board that works with stray animals (cats I believe) and Cheryl that works with ARA (Animal Rights Aruba). When on the island, Stella also works with this group.

We also know a retired couple from the U.S. that works with the beach clean up. If you want me to contact them, let me know & I will call them to get what info I can. Also, let me know what dates you will be there.

Here is a link to a recent posting from Cheryl. It looks like she will be there towards the end of July. BENEFIT for Animal Rights Aruba In this thread, Cheryl is asking donations for an upcoming flee market sale they are doing to raise funds for ARA.

You help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
    Tom & Karen

Quote Originally Posted by bonbini View Post
    We have visited Aruba about 6 times already and love it. After reading about the volunteer vacations, we are excited to have a way to give back to the island. How would we go about signing up? (Donkey sanctuary and beach clean up seem rewarding) We will be there for 10 days in July.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

We will be there July 6-15th.
    Do you have any info on the donkey sanctuary?

We'd like to do something!

Aruba since 1979
    this is the contact person for the donkey sanctuary
    drop her a note and see what can be arranged.

desiree@arubandonkey.org

andrea

Thanks!

We were at the Sanctuary on Saturday morning. They are desperately trying to raise $300,000 USD for a new enclosure for their property in Bringamosa.

Bonbini:
    I volunteer at the animal shelter while I am on the Island. It is very rewarding and they are always looking for folks to fill in for the regulars. I have met some wonderful people and the animals (dogs usually) are wonderful.

It's too bad that you won't be here on Sunday as we are having a huge fundraiser opposite Talk of the Town. It promises to be a very exciting day with fun for the whole family.

ARA (Animal Rights Aruba) desparately needs funds. We had to discontinue the spay neuter program for lack of funds and we are really hoping that we can raise enough to start it again.
    You timing is perfect as here is a very recent link calling for volunteers.
    http://www.arubamatch.com/aruba/Volu...c568/index.php

You can contact this person or I can put you in touch with her: Claudia (sheltervolunteer A.R.A.) 7471936

Good luck,
    Stella

Thanks Stella, for the information. We will be staying at La Cabana. Where is the shelter in comparison? Can I take a bus or walk to it?

~Nancy