• 2 Post By Melannie4
  • 1 Post By CK1
  • 1 Post By Melannie4
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Volunteercation, Eccotourism, Plogging

Volunteercation, Eccotourism, Plogging

Good morning,

My name is Melannie and my family and I have been to Aruba 3 times and just feel so thankful to be connected in some small way to such a beautiful place on earth. One of my passions is cleaning up beaches on the north side of the island or frankly which ever beach we happen to be on. We will be back this Xmas and I would love to organize a morning clean up effort on one of the many trashy north side beaches. I have tried to contact Aruba Tourist board to no avail. I have also contacted 4Ocean but they have so many insurance regulations that it is prohibitive. Any thoughts or suggestions?

thank you,

Melannie

Aruba since 1979
    Welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    The ATA has not responded?

what about contacting your resort to see if they would help advertise?

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Hi Melannie,

How wonderful that you will volunteer to help in the clean up of Aruba's beaches.

There will be a clean up in November. But maybe you could contact AHATA and see if they will help organize another clean up when you are on the island. Here is the info:

National Coastal Clean Up

November 2018 6:00AM - 12:00PM

Help clean up our beaches and coastline!

Those visitors interested in enriching their vacation by joining this Aruba voluntourism initiative are welcome to join! Gloves, collecting bags and refreshments are provided at this environmental event for a green and clean Aruba!

The Coastal Clean Up activities are concentrated on the area from Surfside to Wilhelmina Park, the beaches of Arikok National Park, California sand dunes, Wariruri, Baby Beach, Bachelorís Beach, Boca Grandi, Zeewijk Beach, Mangel Halto, Santo Largo, Arashi, Anaboei, and the open area between the former Bushiri Hotel and the Tamarijn Beach Resort.

This event is sponsored by the Aruba Hotel & Tourism Association.

2018 event date still to be announced!

Contact AHATA at Tel. (297) 582-2607, Fax (297) 582-4202, or vanessa@ahata.com for more information!

https://www.visitaruba.com/things-to...stal-clean-up/

Thank you so much I just emailed Vanessa. Maybe she can help me organize a group for the xmas holiday.

Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum Melannie! Please let us know how you make out organizing it - that's really awesome of you!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Melannie4 View Post
    Thank you so much I just emailed Vanessa. Maybe she can help me organize a group for the xmas holiday.
    You are most welcome, Melannie! Great, that you already contacted Vanessa. Hope, all works out for you.

Aruba since 1979
    plogging (i had to look it up)

from wikipedia
    Plogging

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Plogging is a combination of jogging with picking up litter (Swedish: plocka upp). It started as an organised activity in Sweden around 2016 and spread to other countries in 2018, following increased concern about plastic pollution. As a workout, it provides variation in body movements by adding bending, squatting and stretching to the main action of running.[1][2][3]

Hi Melannie,
    Please post the details here once you know. I will be there that time of year and would love to join.

We will be there right after Christmas and before New Years
    . Please let me know when you have the details worked out. If we are there early enough, I'd like to help.