Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Water aerobics class hopping

Water aerobics class hopping

Title should be hopping not hoping...oops.

This is a quote from Andrea on a trip report thread. I did not want to hijack the post so I started this one.

"if it were allowed, and the timing was good, i would make my way from resort to resort hopping in on all the water aerobic classes."

Got me thinking, what would really stop anyone from doing this? Okay, I get it, it's not technically allowed. But if the pool isn't crowded with resort guests and you weren't disruptive, and frankly just acted like you belong there, whats the downside?
    We met someone on a layover once who told us he packs his own towels so he isn't easily identified at other pools.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 09-13-2016 at 04:21 PM.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

Aruba since 1979
    nothing can stop you at most resorts.... (just my catholic guilt)

Tracey- I think you could get away with it. The only give away sometimes is the towels....that is sign to me that someone is not staying there if they had their own. I can't say I have ever done this but I will be honest, I plan on crashing the Ritz pool at least once during our Feb trip while staying at LaCabana. I know almost everyone there so I am not sure if that makes it easier or harder to crash the pool....we will find out though, lol. I want to see all of my friends there so we will certainly show up, invited or not, lol. I honestly think I could fit in all week and nobody would know the difference, but I wont.

Jay, for as much as you spend at the Ritz, you deserve a pool day there.
    I don't think I would ever actually do this, as we aren't really pool people, or exercise people for that matter..lol. We have joked about crashing the Hyatt pool when we walk by, it looks nice.

Aruba since 1979
    off topic, but related to pool hopping

years ago we pool hopping at disney.
    we were staying at the caribbean beach resort, but went over at the polynesian. (pool hopping because they heated the poly pools and did not heat the caribbean pool)..

while at the poly's pool (the one with the slide) i made a rescue of a child that had drowned. it was horrific.
    the child was lifeless, and was on the bottom of the pool with his arms extended. i pulled him out, screamed for help.
    no breathing no pulse. began cpr and finally the lifeguard came and i continued.
    the child coughed, vomited and recovered right there.
    disney "suits" arrived before paramedics.
    lifeguards happened to be unaware and negligent.
    ....and me, i was there as a pool hopper.

so, it was good that i was there.

the disney "suits" did not think it was so good that i was there.

so, i think when it comes to hopping into a water aerobic class at a resort where i am not a guest.........i think i will pass.

but when i am in aruba, if someone wants to invite me to costa linda and to the phoenix i will be glad to come.

Whew, you were put in that place for a reason! Being a lifeguard is something that never goes away. I have a hard time at around pools not watching kids and thinking about what they should not be doing or what their parents should be doing. I have a hard time just relaxing.

Speaking of the Phoenix, I plan on checking it out this trip. The pictures always look great and there are always plenty of rentals available.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    WOW Andrea, what a story. You were meant to be at the Poly pool on that day and time. The "suits" should have thanked you for saving the little boy's life. Without you, the boy wouldn't be here now and Disney I'm sure would have had a lawsuit on their hands since the lifeguard didn't do his job.

I can't say I disagree, lol. We will do lunch and the pool there our last day. Our flight won't be until 6pm and we need to checkout by noontime. We will head to the ritz and check our bags in as if we were departing that day. We will then head to the pool and eat lunch with one the gentleman we like there.
    And to follow up on your question the other day Tracey, April is back in play but on my own. My wife wants to visit her cousin in NC again so I may use the ritz points and free air in April for a "free" trip but that will only be if my vacation funds account bounces back- even free trips cost me money if I get smashed playing poker again- off topic, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Jay, for as much as you spend at the Ritz, you deserve a pool day there.
    I don't think I would ever actually do this, as we aren't really pool people, or exercise people for that matter..lol. We have joked about crashing the Hyatt pool when we walk by, it looks nice.

Thank god you were there! It always shocks me how little parents pay attention to their children when on vacation. Pools are beyond dangerous for little ones and the blatant disregard for basic safety is downright scary. I don't know if its the drinking or plain stupidity at play...but if someone like Andrea is not around......ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    off topic, but related to pool hopping

years ago we pool hopping at disney.
    we were staying at the caribbean beach resort, but went over at the polynesian. (pool hopping because they heated the poly pools and did not heat the caribbean pool)..

while at the poly's pool (the one with the slide) i made a rescue of a child that had drowned. it was horrific.
    the child was lifeless, and was on the bottom of the pool with his arms extended. i pulled him out, screamed for help.
    no breathing no pulse. began cpr and finally the lifeguard came and i continued.
    the child coughed, vomited and recovered right there.
    disney "suits" arrived before paramedics.
    lifeguards happened to be unaware and negligent.
    ....and me, i was there as a pool hopper.

so, it was good that i was there.

the disney "suits" did not think it was so good that i was there.

so, i think when it comes to hopping into a water aerobic class at a resort where i am not a guest.........i think i will pass.

but when i am in aruba, if someone wants to invite me to costa linda and to the phoenix i will be glad to come.

Awesome timing Andrea! I'm so glad you were there for that child!

another worry on the pool hopping idea is the wristbands.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast