Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Watersport dangers

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Did you write to the ATA?
    I wish your son a speedy recovery. Thank you for the warning.

Incredible...
    Best wishes of recovery.

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    So sorry to hear about your son. We'll be praying for his recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by USA-Tourist View Post
    Please be aware that the watersports can be very dangerous. My son was critically injured on June 24 during a tube ride, which left from in front of the Marriott Surf CLub. We have been told that the skipper of the boat was 16 years old and unlicensed. He threw the raft into a parked scuba boat at high speed. My son was airlifted to Miami and has been critical for 5 days.

BE AWARE of the dangers in the aruba waters.
    I think you posted the original message about a week ago...and I responded to your message, although you did not say it was your son....
    I am truly sorry to hear about your son, but I was not sure if you knew something first hand or if you just heard rumors.....Hopefully he will have a speedy recovery and soon this will be just a distant painful memory.
    Please keep us posted and let us know how he is doing..
    We will pray for your son and your family...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

The tube ride was purchased from the vendor located in the Marriott Surf Club property - the wooden hut that is surrounded by Marriott Palapas (or whatever they call those thatched umbrellas). There are 2 vendors involved: (1) Art's Watersport and the owner of that company Art La Moria and (2) Aruba Watersport Group

How about Art La Moria. He came to the hospital and should my hand in front of my son. He admitted that the driver of the boat was UNDERAGE and UNLICENSED. Then he said he would pay all the bills. Then he DISAPPEARED. I hear he has a shop near the OCCIDENTAL. Does anyone know this guy?? Please let him know what his recklessness has done.

WHAT HAVE THE POLICE DONE ????

I know this is a very painful time still my understanding is that Marriott only have one preferred water sports vendor and it is called Red Sail Sports, I was told it was because they were the only one who have insurance...

When you say purchased in the Surf Club property do you mean inside the lobby or by the beach behind the Surf Club?

As for the Police I don't know the laws in Aruba but was there an official report? Is it illegal to drive when underage? Is it required by law to be licensed? (Common sense and law sometimes differ...)

I've you try to contact the vendor for a refund of your medical expense or ask if there were insured? US medical bills and penalties probably won't be refunded unless you hire a lawyer in Aruba or if you were already insured for such risks then your insurance company will probably seek refund for themselves....

All these formalities are very painful still the paramount thing is that your son recover fully of this horrible accident.
    Last edited by qlaval; 07-09-2009 at 11:58 AM.
    Pierre

The tube ride was purchased from the vendor located in the Marriott Surf Club property - the wooden hut that is surrounded by Marriott Palapas (or whatever they call those thatched umbrellas). There are 2 vendors involved: (1) Art's Watersport and the owner of that company Art La Moria and (2) Aruba Watersport Group

How about Art La Moria. He came to the hospital and should my hand in front of my son. He admitted that the driver of the boat was UNDERAGE and UNLICENSED. Then he said he would pay all the bills. Then he DISAPPEARED. I hear he has a shop near the OCCIDENTAL. Does anyone know this guy?? Please let him know what his recklessness has done.

Thank you so much for sharing this as painful as it is. There are a few (two I believe) vendors located on the Surf Club property. Unfortunately, I do not know this person "ART" but I hope you find him.

Your story is truly a nightmare and you are very brave to be sharing it with us. Your story (with a few others) have changed our attitude about watersports in Aruba. We are regulars and have three teenagers who enjoyed tubing while on holidays but NEVER AGAIN!

Please let us know how your son is doing. Hopefully, he will be out of the hospital very soon and fully recover from his injuries.

Our prayers are with you!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    i wish your son well
    and hope that each day brings more recovery and progress.

all of the stuff about the "vendor and operator"
    have you tried the aruba phone book to start?

i advise you to enlist/solicit the assistance from an aruban someone (fluent in papiemento) to help you with your quest for answers.

contact me thru private message and maybe i can facilitate the process.

imo, marriott corp should be helping you out, but of course the beach is not marriott property and the vendors are independant.

andrea

EDK
    I wish you and your family a speedy recovery. After reading and hearing about this, my friends and I have made a pack and when our children want to go tubing or any other boating activity, one of the parents will be in the boat to go along. Again, wish you all the best.

USA-Tourist,
    Please give us an update on your son...HOW is he doing??? We care!
    Last edited by Randi; 08-13-2009 at 11:04 PM.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast