Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Watersport dangers

Just concerned over the health of your son. We would love to know how he is doing, if you are able to, please let us know how he is.

We care!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    randi
    you may want to private message the person and see if he/she will post an update
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    randi
    you may want to private message the person and see if he/she will post an update
    andrea
    Andrea, as usual, good recommendation. I did send them a PM. Just very worried that no news is bad news. I have been thinking about this boy all summer.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    ya me too

i had PM'd the person a few weeks ago and got no reply

i figured that maybe if he hears from another person we will get an update.

andrea

Update on injury

It is 60 days since the ARUBA accident at the Marriott Surf Club.
    My son is till in the Miami Hospital in intensive care. Thank god he is making some progress now after 60 very painful days.

By the way - The Aruba Prosecutor have NOT filed charges against the Driver (age 16, unlicensed, untrained) or the owner (putting a 16 yr old driver on his boat). Marriott just says its not their fault.

If you are an american Tourist -- FIND ANOTHER PLACR FOR YOUR VACATION !!!

Aruba since 1979
    still wishing your son well!!!
    hope progress is steady and he gets out of the icu soon and on to rehab real fast.

in regards to the police and /or prosecutors, i am sure if there was a case that could be prosecuted they would do so. is the investigation still ongoing?

as the parent/guardian, what did the release/permission paper state that you signed for the tube ride?

marriott has done nothng asthe water sports place was a private vendor on the public beach that abuts the surf, ocean clubs and hotel.
    (all beaches in aruba are public no matter which resorts are abutting. except private islands such as depalm and ranaissance)

and in regard to advising americans to find a vacation destination elsewhere..... all i can say is that:

i respect your opinion.

wishing your child well
    andrea

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123