Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watersport/diving accident

this is crazy, i don.t think i am going to try scuba diving.

My husband and I traveled to Aruba for the past 15 years and most of our diving was with Mermaid, we never had any trouble with the dive masters on our boat.
    The crew knew the boat was not anchored so the boat would be on the move at some time trying to stay in a line with the divers. Accidents happen and I agree that the dive masters should of been more observant of the beginners and should of stayed away from underneath the boat. Hopefully everyone will make a complete recovery.

Only 37 days to go till we return to Aruba.

Aruba since 1979
    don't let this accident deter you
    JADS
    Unique/Pelican
    SE Dive and Fly
    Red Sail

are very reputible outfits

Where is the best place to do my Scuba Referral Dives?

read this thread
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSideOut View Post
    this is crazy, i don.t think i am going to try scuba diving.

When we were there last year, we saw people getting lessons in the "pool" for a boat dive. My husband has been a certified diver and I tell you it takes a lot more than a 2 hr lesson in a pool to go on a dive... BE CAREFUL

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

About the lady i can give you more info. She is off the breathing unit and is breathing for herself. the instructor saved her life.
    soon she will go to a normal unit. She is getting better and stronger every day.

Great news

Quote Originally Posted by sunworshipperII View Post
    When we were there last year, we saw people getting lessons in the "pool" for a boat dive. My husband has been a certified diver and I tell you it takes a lot more than a 2 hr lesson in a pool to go on a dive... BE CAREFUL
    For a recreational dive at 20 feet or so, two hours in the pool is enough for most people. When I did my certification dives, I spent 20 minutes in the pool going over my online coursework and we went right into the water. The key is being comfortable and in control. You can spend days preparing but if you panic, you're screwed no matter how much time you spend getting prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    For a recreational dive at 20 feet or so, two hours in the pool is enough for most people. When I did my certification dives, I spent 20 minutes in the pool going over my online coursework and we went right into the water. The key is being comfortable and in control. You can spend days preparing but if you panic, you're screwed no matter how much time you spend getting prepared.
    I have to agree. Our dd took a resort course at the age of 10. We purposely went with a small dive outfit in order for her to have one on one attention from the dive instructor. No way would dh and I ever put her life in danger if we thought it were not a safe procedure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12