Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wave runners

Wink wave runners

Has anyone rented wave runners or gone on a riding tour. When we had scheduled our cruise to Bermuda, this was somthing we wanted to do (never done this before). But, now that we canceled this, was wondering if this is still available some where on the island.

Thanks
    Lisa

We did it last year on Eagle Beach. Our hotel arranged it for us and they picked us up and brought us back afterwards. I think it was around $75.00 for a double. I had never done it before so I didn't want to go alone! It was fun, although choppy that day. I'd definitely do it again!!

Thanks hockey mom, do you remember the place that had the wave runners?
    Lisa

I don't remember the name - it was arranged by the activities desk at the Divi
    AI. They have a tent in the middle of Eagle Beach. I think you can also get them on Palm Beach by the hi-rises..

Where are you staying while you are there? My wife and I rented waverunners from a stand along the beach at that surf club. They charged 65.00p/hr and the boat ride to the waverunners was worth the money in and of itself. The stand has there company name, Aruba Divers, on the shelter, also advertising the Jolly Pirates-highly recommended-and the Tattoo...hope this helps.

Yes, this is a huge help. We are staying at the TAM/Divi. My hubby really wants to do this as this is a big vacation for us and we want to have fond memories of things we have never done before. I will check this out when we get to the Tam and then maybe take a trip to Palm beach to find them. Oh the most important question, this is an actual tour right? I have never been on one and I can see the damage I can do!! LOL
    Thanks for the great input.

We were staying at the Divi when we did it. The activities desk arranged it for us. They came in a van and picked us up and dropped us off afterwards. This wasn't a tour. They brought it into shore, put us on it and off we went. It's really easy, but my boyfriend had done it before. He started out driving and I took over once we got out a little bit. I do have to say, it was a little tough getting off the thing with the waves rolling in. It's not a tour - you go by yourself - at least at this location.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    My husband wants to go out on the waverunners. I wouldn't mind it if I knew I was going to be taught by an expert. Neither of us have been on one but always think it would be a blast!

jet Ski

They are very easy to ride. The only thing to keep in mind is they don't have brakes. Ive seen people get in some close calls.

Waverunners are a lot of fun, but if you are inexperienced or are used to riding them on a lake, they might be a handful in the ocean. My hubby and I were riding a few years ago in Aruba and one of the waves got the best of us and bucked me off. (We were riding together on the same one. I have had a lot of experience with jet skis on a lake)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast