Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Traceyd14

Thread: What activities/sights to avoid on a trip? Were any disappointing?

What activities/sights to avoid on a trip? Were any disappointing?

Hey guys,

Was wondering if there were any universally overhyped or often disappointing tourist attractions in Aruba that you would suggest people avoid.

I speak for myself who loves the island all around, and I think allot of the people on this Forum will agree that everything on Aruba is great. Depends on what you like to do and what time of the year you are traveling. The sights are great, the beaches even better and most of all the people make Aruba great for any tourist to enjoy.
    Hope you will enjoy your trip.

I found that the Natural Bridge - which collapsed several years ago - was really not that exciting. Also we did an 8 hour jeep tour and I would probably suggest skipping the 8 hour and do something that is 1/2 day. The full day tour was just a little too long for us. The final stop at Baby Beach made up for the long hot day though!
    Also, if you are not in good physical condition, you may not like the Natural Pool. To get to the pool from our Jeep tour there is a set of uneven rocky steps and the pool itself was a little slippery to get in and out of. I have a bad knee and am out of shape so I wasn't prepared for it. I was a trooper and walked down so my husband could enjoy. It was a beautiful site, but it's not for everyone.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

I think the the length of your trip has a lot to do with the answer. If you're going for less than a week, enjoy your resort and the main beaches. If you're there for a longer stay, you can afford to be more adventurous.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    You would get a better response by asking what we had loved....All of us are aruba addicts, so you will find very little things noted by us as "not worth it".
    NOW..I could go on and on about the things that I have loved, restuarants to eat in, places to shop...Frankly, there really isn't a lot to do imop anyway.
    I will say one thing that was TOTALLY WORTH IT was the snorkel with ArubaBob ( aka Kent on this site)
    Whatever you end up doing you will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by ieatbugs View Post
    Hey guys,

Was wondering if there were any universally overhyped or often disappointing tourist attractions in Aruba that you would suggest people avoid.

i know this won't be a forum favorite post, but i thought the Donkey Sanctuary was kind of boring. And i love going to places with Animals. After almost bottoming out with the vehicle i rented, because roads were bad, 3 times, we really weren't big fans of it. No one from the sanctuary even tried to talk, or interact with us. We watched the donkeys eat, looked at the stuff they sell, and left. We did it, but never again!

Having to pay to go to the bathroom at the Italian restaurant next to Lighthouse was kind of Lame. But the Ice Cold,$1? $1.50 balashi bottles were nice though.

Aruba since 1979
    yes maybe not a highly agreeable post, but ya know chis, so what!!!???
    your opinion counts!!!
    the forum members here including you have a right to say what you want and providing it meets the rules and is respectful the post stays.

the whole thing about this place is we are respectful and kind.
    and you were fine in your post about the donkey sanctuary.

i tend to agree with you re: the interaction of the staff/employee(s) there.
    we had to initiate conversation with the manager/director.
    i think she is an animal person and not a people person.
    they need a marketing person and a greeter.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisinStl View Post
    i know this won't be a forum favorite post, but i thought the Donkey Sanctuary was kind of boring. And i love going to places with Animals. After almost bottoming out with the vehicle i rented, because roads were bad, 3 times, we really weren't big fans of it. No one from the sanctuary even tried to talk, or interact with us. We watched the donkeys eat, looked at the stuff they sell, and left. We did it, but never again!

Having to pay to go to the bathroom at the Italian restaurant next to Lighthouse was kind of Lame. But the Ice Cold,$1? $1.50 balashi bottles were nice though.

We must have had the right volunteer on the right day.

Though we were bombarded by donkeys upon entry and did not know enough to hold the bags of carrots and apples ABOVE our heads , a volunteer did finally come to our rescue.

He took us up to the shop where there was a bit of a barrier between us and them.

The volunteer was quick to bring out a cutting board and knife. I do not recall how much he chatted, but he did take the kids over to see the baby donkeys.

The kids especially loved the experience.