Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What is a must-do?

I was going to suggest Jolly Pirates too. So much fun.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Do you like riding horses? many tours pick you up from your hotel

Could you rent a car / jeep for 1 day?

Last edited by __steve__; 06-15-2016 at 11:21 AM.

I really liked the abc tours. Did the 8hr tour. Was the best thing ever. Doing it again on the 4th.. Kids will have a blast too.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Visit the Donkey Sanctuary or Phillip's Garden or the Animal Shelter (Curt was very touched by it).

Decided to do the Land Rover tour tomorrow. It's 4 1/2 hours. We'll see the bird sanctuary, lighthouse, chapel, natural bridge, gold ruins, natural pool. Seems like we get to see a lot of the sights, so it should be good. :-)

Hubby and my friend's hubby and the teen girls are renting jet-skis this afternoon. My friend and I and my little girls are going shopping.

Apparently the Harley Davidson tour is good .
    http://www.homeaway.com/4118789
    Please visit our Homeaway site.
    Our lovely Aruba home is available for rent.

We ended up doing the Land Rover tour by DePalm Tours. Parts of it were good -- seeing Alta Vista Chapel and the Natural Bridge, etc. -- but those stops were very brief 10-15 minute stops. The bulk of the tour was a very scary ride up to the natural pool over rocky terrain and steep banks. I seriously had second thoughts about having my young kids on the vehicle, but after we were mid-way through there wasn't much I could do.

The ride along the beach was not as scary. They still drove kind of crazy, but the terrain was flat at least.

The concierge at the Divi didn't really give us a true picture of the difference between the Land Rover tour and the coach bus tour. She made it seem as though the only difference was comfort (AC vs. no AC) and that the Land Rover tour would be more personal since there were 8 of us and we basically got our own vehicle. But we didn't know there were 8 Land Rovers traveling together. It was more of an off-road adventure than a sightseeing tour. We were filthy when we got back to the resort.

Aruba since 1979
    that is too bad that the concierge was not forthcoming in the description.

she should have had a description booklet and let you read of it.

one of the reasons this forum is so good............folks give their own reviews and experiences.
    good, bad, ugly, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyPreston View Post
    We ended up doing the Land Rover tour by DePalm Tours. Parts of it were good -- seeing Alta Vista Chapel and the Natural Bridge, etc. -- but those stops were very brief 10-15 minute stops. The bulk of the tour was a very scary ride up to the natural pool over rocky terrain and steep banks. I seriously had second thoughts about having my young kids on the vehicle, but after we were mid-way through there wasn't much I could do.

The ride along the beach was not as scary. They still drove kind of crazy, but the terrain was flat at least.

The concierge at the Divi didn't really give us a true picture of the difference between the Land Rover tour and the coach bus tour. She made it seem as though the only difference was comfort (AC vs. no AC) and that the Land Rover tour would be more personal since there were 8 of us and we basically got our own vehicle. But we didn't know there were 8 Land Rovers traveling together. It was more of an off-road adventure than a sightseeing tour. We were filthy when we got back to the resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    that is too bad that the concierge was not forthcoming in the description.

she should have had a description booklet and let you read of it.

one of the reasons this forum is so good............folks give their own reviews and experiences.
    good, bad, ugly, whatever.

Well, I blame myself for not asking for more details. She just said she'd arrange a sight-seeing tour and talked about the coach bus vs. the Land Rover. I didn't ask the tour company's name. I should have asked for more details and then did a little research myself.

We all survived. Parts of it were fun. :-) And we arrived home safely today.

We enjoyed our visit to Aruba. The best parts were the vow renewal (Robert Arenz and Ramphys Tromp were great to work with and we had a very nice low-key ceremony) and Mulligans at the Divi Golf was our favorite place to eat. One of the servers there, Jennifer, was so good to us. And we went for karaoke night and my kids sang. It was fun. The swim-up bar at the Divi was probably my kids' favorite part. They made fast friends with the bartender, George, and he made them plenty of virgin frozen drinks all week.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome home

so glad that you had fun.

if you were to go again and stay at the same place, would you again opt for all inclusive?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast