Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you reserve ahead of time for any kind of activities?

What would you reserve ahead of time for any kind of activities?

What would you reserve for any kind of activities to do on Aruba and who would you reserve them with (what companies) ahead of time, before leaving for Aruba? Also what eating places too (Madame Janettes I know for sure!)?

Thanks
    Last edited by happythoughts4future; 09-03-2008 at 05:11 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    i think the only reservation i would make is Madam Janette

all of the watersports, atv and stuff like that can be made as little as a few hrs out. (best bet is to reserve 2 days out)

wait til you arrive, get adjusted to vacation mode.
    see how your babes are adjusting............then wing it.

ps. choice times for helicopter tours go fast, so that is one place i would give at least 2 days.
    same goes for tranquillo full day snorkel/sail

Okay and is tranquillo one of the better snorckeling cruises? Half day ones?

Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    tranquillo is a laid back, quiet sailing snorkel adventure

jolly pirate snorkel is more lively and more people onboard

unfortunatley the 2 cannot be compared
    2 very different products

i do not have the 1/2 day snorkel schedule, but when i find it i will post it
    www.tranquiloaruba.com
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by happythoughts4future View Post
    Okay and is tranquillo one of the better snorckeling cruises? Half day ones?

Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    Tuesday Wed Thur 10 a - 4 p

south side lunch and snorkel sail Tranquillo

andrea

Aruba since 1979
    are you taking a babysitter?

if not, some of these adventures may be difficult or challenging with the twins

andrea

We are taking the babysitter...I think nearly impossible without...hahaha.
    Thanks for the information too. Also, side question here, do you see many people putting babies in those sunsuits (looks like a shirt & shorts) but they are swimming outfits with SPF 50 in them. Thanks. I thought they looked a bit too hot but know its good protection.

Aruba since 1979
    i have seen those suits (i am a swimming instructor by profession) and they are not worth the $$ and they are warm to wear.

my opinion...........large sun hats for the kids, onesies and bodies slathered in spf 45. if you apply the sunscreen religiously ,those bathingsuits that speak of are non essential.

use the sunblock liberally.........make sure you get one oil and paba free. if you think you will need 2 containers of block...get 4.

i am glad to hear that you are bringing your sitter.
    SMART LADY indeed.
    andrea

We are taking the babysitter...I think nearly impossible without...hahaha.
    Thanks for the information too. Also, side question here, do you see many people putting babies in those sunsuits (looks like a shirt & shorts) but they are swimming outfits with SPF 50 in them. Thanks. I thought they looked a bit too hot but know its good protection.

Ok see the options I am looking at then...and you said no to the sunsuits.. and I am not intending to keep them in sun for long period of time or anything crazy like that. But please see these options:

1. What do you think of 2-piece SPF sunsuit and have you ever used anything like this or would you consider using something like this (it looks so warm to me to have them wear in hot weather but know the purpose is sun protection). Then put sunscreen on the rest of them.
    SWIMSUIT OPTION #1:
    http://www.myswimbaby.com/catalog.php?category=114

2. OR would you do a 2 piece tankini
    SWIMSUIT OPTION #2:
    http://www.myswimbaby.com/catalog.php?category=62 and put an SPF t-shirt over the top of it (One Step Ahead has them) and lather them up with sunscreen with exposed areas.

3. Would you take a pack-n-play to put near the pool and attach an umbrella to it to protect them OR would you instead get an SPF protected cabana?

Anything else I am forgetting???

Aruba since 1979
    imo those are too hot
    i would throw bathing suits on them , tee shirts or onesies and hats........and slather them up with block.

i am not certain an umbrella over the pack n play would suffice. the aruba tradewinds are very strong and the umbrella may blow and become a projectile.

being in the shade using a palapa provided by the resort poolside and beach is probably the best bet.

andrea

Ok see the options I am looking at then...and you said no to the sunsuits.. and I am not intending to keep them in sun for long period of time or anything crazy like that. But please see these options:

1. What do you think of 2-piece SPF sunsuit and have you ever used anything like this or would you consider using something like this (it looks so warm to me to have them wear in hot weather but know the purpose is sun protection). Then put sunscreen on the rest of them.
    SWIMSUIT OPTION #1: http://www.myswimbaby.com/catalog.php?category=114

2. OR would you do a 2 piece tankini
    SWIMSUIT OPTION #2: http://www.myswimbaby.com/catalog.php?category=62 and put an SPF t-shirt over the top of it (One Step Ahead has them) and lather them up with sunscreen with exposed areas.

3. Would you take a pack-n-play to put near the pool and attach an umbrella to it to protect them OR would you instead get an SPF protected cabana?

Anything else I am forgetting???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast