Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What's the name of the new snorkel ship/excursion (looks like Jolly Pirate)

What's the name of the new snorkel ship/excursion (looks like Jolly Pirate)

Hello Forum Members,
    On our last trip to Aruba, we noticed a new schooner that was running snorkel tours out to the Antilla. It looks like the Jolly Pirate ship but it is a larger ship and if I'm not mistaken, it looked like it had an actual bar on the deck (with bar stools). I'm always searching for new tours to the Antilla and this new boat looked fun - but I don't have any information on it. Does anyone in the forum know the name of this new ship? Even better - has anyone gone on the ship that can provide a review? I'm looking forward to the feedback.

Aruba since 1979
    the monforte?

http://www.monfortecruise.com/luxury-lagoon-cruise.html

Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    Hello Forum Members,
    On our last trip to Aruba, we noticed a new schooner that was running snorkel tours out to the Antilla. It looks like the Jolly Pirate ship but it is a larger ship and if I'm not mistaken, it looked like it had an actual bar on the deck (with bar stools). I'm always searching for new tours to the Antilla and this new boat looked fun - but I don't have any information on it. Does anyone in the forum know the name of this new ship? Even better - has anyone gone on the ship that can provide a review? I'm looking forward to the feedback.

Aruba since 1979
    What's the name of the new snorkel ship/excursion (looks like Jolly Pirate)-ll5.jpg

Hmmmmm - this Monforte has the same look as the Jolly Pirate ship, but I don't think it is the same one I saw sailing around Palm Beach. The new tour I was describing above is very similar to a Jolly Pirate tour except it is supposed to be a little nicer (more room - food a bit better). The Monforte is definitely nicer, but that appears to me much more of an upscale experience - so I'm not sure it was the one I saw. I remember seeing signs that advertised this new boat along Palm Beach - but I just can't remember what it is called. The most memorable attribute was the bar (semi circle shape) with bar stools around it, on the deck.
    Please let me know if anyone has any other ideas.
    Last edited by SkiChris; 03-07-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Is it the Lady Black? http://sailawaytour.com/the-ship/

We did the Monforte III afternoon cruise in September, and had a blast. The boat, food, drinks are more upscale. As far as the experience, that's going to depend on what type of guests are onboard with you. Our crew, and most of the group we ended up with were ready to party, so that's what we did!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Could it have been the "Octopus"? It has been recently renovated and is under new ownership. And it has a SOFA!

https://www.facebook.com/Octopus-Aruba-120497694652589/
    Last edited by CK1; 03-07-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    i bet that is it!
    Quote Originally Posted by kemperato View Post
    Is it the Lady Black? http://sailawaytour.com/the-ship/

We did the Monforte III afternoon cruise in September, and had a blast. The boat, food, drinks are more upscale. As far as the experience, that's going to depend on what type of guests are onboard with you. Our crew, and most of the group we ended up with were ready to party, so that's what we did!

YES - YES - it was the Lady Black that I saw at Palm Beach (the minute I read the boat name, I immediately remembered it). Thank you so much for providing the link to their website. I'm going to try this on my next trip to Aruba and I'll be sure to report back on the experience.

I greatly appreciate everyone's feedback. This forum is always such a wonderful source of information - and filled with such fun and exciting people! :-)

Aruba since 1979
    glad that kemperato was able to help!!!!

please yes....do take a trip on the Lady Black next time you are in Aruba
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    YES - YES - it was the Lady Black that I saw at Palm Beach (the minute I read the boat name, I immediately remembered it). Thank you so much for providing the link to their website. I'm going to try this on my next trip to Aruba and I'll be sure to report back on the experience.

I greatly appreciate everyone's feedback. This forum is always such a wonderful source of information - and filled with such fun and exciting people! :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast