Aruba Beach

Thread: yearly adventure

yearly adventure

Every year we try ot do one "big" thing while on vacation. Last year we chartered the Morning Glory for a sunset cruise and dinner, which was amazing in case anyone is thinking about it. This year we were thinking about flyin gover to Curacao for the day and snorkeling some and just hanging out. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I looked at flights and they are pretty cheap... is it better to book it in advance or can we just walk up to the counter and buy tickets? Any suggestions on what to do while there or what is not to be missed?

Quote Originally Posted by dipeblnd View Post
    Every year we try ot do one "big" thing while on vacation. Last year we chartered the Morning Glory for a sunset cruise and dinner, which was amazing in case anyone is thinking about it. This year we were thinking about flyin gover to Curacao for the day and snorkeling some and just hanging out. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I looked at flights and they are pretty cheap... is it better to book it in advance or can we just walk up to the counter and buy tickets? Any suggestions on what to do while there or what is not to be missed?
    Do you mean the Morning Star? We did the private dinner, too, a few years ago and it was heaven!

We're the same as you....always try to find one new "big" thing to do while in Aruba. In May 2010, we did a day trip to Curacao. I would suggest booking your flights ahead of time for the best price (they use small planes and book up fast, plus their prices will change just like the large airlines do.) We took a 7:30am flight over on Tiara Air - landed at 8am. We had Dutch friends staying in Curacao so they picked us up at the airport (otherwise we would have rented a car.) Drove all over the island going to various beaches/coves, drinks/lunch at different beach bars, spent some time downtown, went to the Seaquarium for awhile....back at the airport around 7pm for our 8pm flight back to Aruba. It was a fun day!

FYI - you do have to pay departure taxes at both the Aruba and Curacao airports in cash so make sure you bring extra money with you.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Do you mean the Morning Star? We did the private dinner, too, a few years ago and it was heaven!

yes morning star.. dont ask. I was clearly not fully awake! I have these blond moments that are hard to control