Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Activities for single male to meet people and have fun.

Activities for single male to meet people and have fun.

Hello Everyone, I've read some very helpful advice posted by several of you already. I am planning on visiting Aruba in a few weeks and I've noticed that it isn't the party environment like Cancun or a spring break location which is fine with me. I'm looking to relax most of the time but i was wondering if there are any locations that would be recommended for a 23 year old single male to have fun and maybe meet single women. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Evan

Well its been a long time since I was 23....

I think Moomba at night is the place where a lot of people your age go. It is located next door to the Holiday Inn.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

oh ok, thank you. I'm staying at the Marriott if that helps anyone. Not sure if that is near Moomba or the Holiday Inn

Its right next door! Marriott complex then you will see a bar/restaurant complex (which is MOOMBA) and then the Holiday Inn. A two minute walk.

I am sure there are lots of clubs and places for you to meet others your age. When we were there last Feb. we were also told that in the evening The Paddock draws a younger crowd??

Good luck.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    Moomba is great! The drinks and music are good. I am sure you'll meet some nice people there. And it is indeed right next to your hotel, a good thing for stumbling back to your room!

I would suggest Jimmy's downtown

Quote Originally Posted by mjn109 View Post
    a good thing for stumbling back to your room!
    Haha, that sounds perfect. I'll be sure to check Moomba out. Thank you

Moomba is really good only Sundays. Friday nights I'd say either Senior Frogs or Mambo Jambo. Those are my favorite places to go. Near the hotels is a newer place called Confessions. They play a lot of house music, which isnt on my list of favorites. Also in the hotel district is The Village and Mr. Jazz. I've heard good things about those places also! Any questions please message me.

I agree with DushiHeidi, for a 23 year old, I do suggest downtown on Weekends (Fri & Sat), at Senor Frog/Carlos'n Charlie's, Mambo Jambo, Cafe Bahia.

Sopranos Piano Bar, Café 080, Costa Linda
    MoomBa (as has been suggested) is a great option, and is especially busy Sunday night. Get there around sundown for a big party. Then, also pop your nose into Bugaloo, which has Marisella's great band on Sunday nights.

People of all ages go to Sopranos Piano Bar, in Arawak Gardens, which is about 4 blocks from the Marriot. If you picture piano bars as a place where a guy in a tux belts out Streisand for senior citizens, you haven't been to a Sopranos bar! They have excellent performers that are very high energy, and accompany themselves with bass and drums (or more, depending on the artist). It's everything from DON'T STOP BELIEVIN' to brand new hits, reggae, dance music, and earlier in the night, the classics from Sinatra and Elton John. Beautiful singles often wind up dancing on the piano, so they're not hard to find!

Mambo Jambo (as has been suggested) is lively and loud, but expect all Latin music.

Jimmy's (as has been suggested) is best on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays between 11 and 2 (3 on the weekends). Thursday is 80's/90's music, but very well remixed. Fridays and Saturdays are packed to the rafters, especially VERY late. But, do know that Jimmy's is primarily a gay bar, so why it was suggested to you as a single guy looking to meet women, I'm not certain.

There are some dance clubs. Club Bahai is open late. Be sure also to look for posters for the monthly FULL MOON party, and hope that you are on the island for this!

Senor Frogs (the former Carlos and Charlie's) is obviously a successful pick-up spot, but the trick to this is to be less drunk than the people you're trying to meet... no easy task there. To avoid sickness, don't drink yardsticks of unnamed tequilla with unspecified fruit juice mix. Pick an alcohol you know the name of, and have them mix it in a glass with a mixer you know the name of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast